AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) is looking for a Manufacturing Technician II, Sun- Wed 4pm-2:30am to join their team in Worcester, MA. The Manufacturing Technician performs functions associated with cGMP manufacturing operations within the biologics production facility, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components and final materials. Additionally, the Manufacturing Technician uses sophisticated programs (such as LIMS, SAP, automated control systems, etc.) to collect and evaluate operating data, which can be used to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Lastly, the Manufacturing Technicians determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shipping finished materials.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Sampling of in process and raw materials.
- Running glass washer / autoclave.
- Buffer / media preparation.
- Equipment preparation (CIP / SIP).
- Cell culture (from vial thaw to production scale).
- Column chromatography.
- Tangential flow filtration.
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic .
- Associates degree in science (or equivalent experience), with 2+ years relevant experience. Bachelors, with 1+ years relevant experience. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, with 0+ year relevant experience.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Associated topics: bio, biomaterials, fermentation, molecular, neuro, neurodegenerative, nutrition, pain, pathogenesis, therapeutic