WANTED: An experienced Design Engineer with demonstrated experience in armament designs and concepts.
As a Design Engineer you will:
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Provide critical support in protecting our country.
- Develop a variety of mechanical design skills including Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and solid modeling.
A week in the life of a Design Engineer:
- Use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to develop armament designs
- Use PTC-CREO software to produce models, drawings and design documents that communicate design information to manufacturers
- Create test plans to determine the performance of new armament concepts
- Communicate with vendors and test range to ensure design and test intent is met.
- Travel to witness/oversee armament testing.
- Represent organization at project team meetings
- Reduce test data and tabulate results into quick reference documents
- Extensively use Microsoft Office software to create reports that document the outcomes of test events and summarize programs to management
- Inspect drawings to ensure accuracy and consistency with design intent
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine, BEST FOR VETS by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by ********************. We are a Virginia Values Veteran officially certified company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from 4 year accredited school
- 0-2 years of experience
- US Citizen
- Ability to hold DoD SECRET Clearance
- Full knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Ability and willingness to learn new software design packages
- Experience with PTC Creo or another Computer Aided Engineering (CAD) software package for solid modeling
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software or methodology
- Experience testing in a laboratory environment
- Experience with coordinating vendors for delivery of custom parts
- Experience with MatLab
- Familiar with Design of Experiments (DOE) and other Six Sigma tools
- Experience designing and building fixtures and mechanisms
- Experience in programming in languages such as C++, Java, or Python