Our client, a leading gaming company, seeks a Senior Software Engineer for their Troy, NY location. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be working primarily on our online game services platform in addition to some other internal technologies.
You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure behind very complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the industry's biggest game franchises. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand the platform, and ensure an efficient and stable environment for the catalogue of products.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don't expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
What part will you play?
* Own automation of the infrastructure platform
* Work on incorporating engineering practices into infrastructure operations
* Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems
* Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
What do we need from you?
* Experience delivering large, complex, highly available software systems
* Experience developing and operating distributed systems
* Knowledge of design patterns, SOA, refactoring and unit testing
* Experience with web application servers, web development frameworks, proxy servers, and relational databases
* A detail-oriented, organized thought process and the ability to act decisively under stressful conditions
* A proactive mindset and the ability to multitask and prioritize requirements
* A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills
* An understanding of system optimization issues
* Experience with system monitoring tools
* Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.
Associated topics: algorithm, c c++, c++, c#, develop, php, programming, sde, software development engineer, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.