About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
All are welcome to apply. Strong internal candidate identified.
Summary: The Field Operations Director (FOD) is responsible for the overall operations and performance for each of the remotely located job-sites for which is he assigned. This responsibility encompasses all aspects of the day-to-day site operations to include, but not be limited to the site staffing (make-up, crew change, safety, personnel development, etc) / client satisfaction / menu planning / janitorial & housekeeping standards / ServSafe Hygiene standards / Safe Step / cost & inventory controls. All FOD s are expected to display excellent leadership skills and be able to instill high-professional operational standards and have a knowledgeable understanding of all Health, Safety, and Environmental (HE&E) requirements for each job-site. The expectation is that personnel assigned as an FOD will spend at least 50% of their work schedule conducting (offshore) on-site visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned by the General Manager or District Manager as necessary:
- Conduct a site-visit for each remote-site location at least once per month per location for which they are assigned and complete the appropriate site-visit reports which must be turned into their supervisor immediately after the completion of each site-visit.
- Insure that are personnel assigned to their job-site(s) are equipped with the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hard-hat, safety glasses, company issued uniforms, steel-toed-slip-resistant shoes, and gloves as necessary for their specific job duty.
- Be knowledgeable in all training and personnel documentation requirements as directed by the client/job-site to include but not be limited to IADC Rig Pass, TWIC ID, passport, HUET/METS training, etc; the FOD is responsible for ensuring that all field staff assigned to his locations are in full compliance with the specific client job-site (contractual) requirements.
- Must have a full understanding of the Job Descriptions for each remote-site location and Standard Operating Procedures and be prepared to fill-in for any position as needed.
- Provide instructions, training, and supervision for all catering staff relative to safety policies, emergency response actions, waking on-site crews, muster stations, life-boat assignments, evacuation procedures, and other duties which may be specific to each client requirement.
- Liaise with on-site client staff OIM, Captain, Safety representative, radio operator to ensure our staff are performing their duties to the client expectations and are knowledgeable in all drill, weather, and other client policies and contractual requirements.
- Provide instruction on the proper handling and storage of food and janitorial supplies to mitigate any safety risk/hazard relative to cross-contamination, injury, or illness.
- Assist the CM or CB (site-manager) in developing crew change scheduling for their location to establish regular crews and ensure communication between the site, the logistic dispatcher, and the on-site client management result in effective operations.
- Administer, through the on-site supervisor (CM/CB), the enforcement of all company and customer policy regarding personal hygiene, site-specific rules/duties, inventory control and menu planning, and effective methods to control food and labor costs controls.
- Develop a list of job-site documentation and ensure that the requirements for the submittal of such documentation are communicated to the site manager (CM/CB).
- Provide supervisory support to each job-site manager (CM/CB) relative to staffing, orientation, safety, inspection schedules, job description and performance expectations, and cost control measures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages the Camp Boss or Chef Manager at each remote-site which is assigned to his work schedule to include all ARAMARK staff members working at each location. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing (support through the HR Department), training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design Uses feedback to modify designs.
- Problem solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project management Communicates changes and progress; completes project on time and within budget.
- Technical skills Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer service Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal skills Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral communications Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written communication Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone s effort to succeed.
- Visionary leadership Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change management Communicates changes effectively.
- Delegation Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing people Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates skills and encourages growth; improves processes, products, and services.
- Quality management Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Business acumen Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost consciousness Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Diversity Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics Treats people with respect; inspires the trust in others; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on-time; supports organization s goals and values.
- Strategic thinking Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment Displays willingness to make decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and considerations regardless of their status or position.
- Quality Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and security Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability Adapts to change in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability Takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals.
- Initiative Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation Meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
Work Environment includes separation from family/friends in a remote work place for periods of up to 4-weeks at a time on a rotational basis.
- Working and living in a remote, confined workplace up to four weeks.
- Working 12-hour shifts.
- Working uninterrupted work schedules including holidays.
- Traveling to work throughout the Gulf Coast region.
- May be transported by helicopter or boat to and from job site.
- Critical medical services are not immediately available.
- Accesses to municipal services are not available at worksite.
- Requires at least 3-5 years experience and 3 years in a management role (requires 3-5 years experience managing hourly and salaried employees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Associated topics: administrative staff, administrative support, document, front desk, front office, operation, operational assistant, operational support, operations director, staff