Loading some great jobs for you...
The RN Unit Manager accepts responsibility for the delivery of resident care through the process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the residents served. Directs care and supervises staff on assigned unit. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all nursing home/resident/staff information. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of this facility and to incorporate the goal of Quality Care in a personal manner with total regard for individual human dignity. Unit Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for the nursing unit.
Adheres to Facility Standards of Conduct and practices the Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence,
Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication.
Represents OLP accurately and honestly. Acts with integrity and in the best interest of OLP. Identifies instances
of non-compliance and takes appropriate action, including reporting violations of the CRP. Adheres to Facility
policy or regulations. Business relationships are conducted in the best interest of OLP, free of gifts, favors or
other improper inducements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directly supervises employees in Nursing Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employee's; planning, assigning tasks.
2. RN writes and updates Care Plans; LPN updates Care Plans.
3. Oversees the communication between LPN and MD. Makes contact with the MD when necessary.
4. Coordinates and communicates activities of the wing with other departments.
5. Completes the MDS and RAPS in a timely manner. Active member of Teamcare Conference.
6. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for residents/families in accordance with facility standards.
7. Attends all In-Services and meetings as required.
8. Makes rounds with MD as needed.
9. Rotates Nursing Administrative coverage as deemed necessary by the Director of Nursing.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Our Lady of Peace / Ascension Senior Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.