Loading some great jobs for you...
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a$2,000 sign-on BONUSfor qualified drivers through November 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4 months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We're looking for full-time CDL-A drivers to run dedicated routes from Shoe Carnival's distribution center in Evansville, IN to Shoe Carnival store locations.
As a CDL-A driver on this account you'll:
- Average $1,250/ week; $65,000 annually
- Pick up a load of shoes at the customer's distribution center located in Evansville.
- Set out for delivery to retail stores located throughout America.
- The average route consists of 5 to 10 delivery stops, with some picking up of return freight at the stores.
- After making all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer. These runs typically begin on Sunday morning and end Thursday night, so you can expect weekend home time.
- Current average of 2,450 miles per week.
- You'll also earn $16 per stop(3rd party loads only)made along your weekly route (does not include origin or destination) .
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer. Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver.
- Unloading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store delivery.
- Loading pay of 13.5 cents per piece for store transfer (DC returns) pickups.
- On average you can earn an additional $100 per trailer from loading/unloading pay.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .48 cpm; top-out of .49 cpm reached within 12 months (PC Miler v30-practical)
- Average $1250 / week; $65,000 annually
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus!Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
After training, you will start at .46 cpm; .47 cpm after 6 months; .48 cpm after 12 months; .49 cpm after 2 years. (this pay scale applies to student training program only)
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience ORhave been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you. After training you will start at .48 cpm.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1- 5 weeks.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family& individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.