Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Facebook or Twitter.
Cyber Security Professional I
Technical advisor for the Automated Information Systems (AIS) security requirements necessary for the protection of all classified information processed, stored, and/or transmitted through the use of the AIS. Interprets government requirements, develops System Security Plans (SSP), and implements the program security plans, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
What You'll Do:
* Develop and administer users' security briefings to ensure all users are aware of all requirements of the SSP.
* Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to senior management, AIS managers, system users, and custodians relative to AIS security matters.
* Schedule, conduct, and administer security tests and evaluations programs to ensure that all the applicable AIS are operating in accordance with security requirements.
* Maintain a configuration management system to track and control all components of AIS used in support of classified programs.
* Identify, evaluate, and document all AIS and other equipment to ensure compliance with red/black engineering and Emanations Security requirements.
* Perform audits of all AIS, investigation anomalies, and record and report findings, as required. Coordinate and/or conduct detailed inquiries; assess potential damage; and develop, document, implement, and monitor corrective action plans. Perform data spill containment and clean up per customer direction.
* Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations and participate in customer audits and inspections.
* Research software to be used on classified systems and coordinate the use as required by customer regulations.
* Analyze, interpret, and verify AIS disaster recovery/contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of AIS in the event of an emergency or disaster.
* Perform other functions as designated or delegated by Security Management.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
* BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* A current Top Secret security clearance is required.
* Security +, CISSP, or comparable DoD 8570 compliant certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
* Familiarity with Defense Security Service (DSS) information system accreditation/approval processes preferred.
* Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, casino, countermeasure, guard, loss prevention, monitor, security, security officer, unarmed