Registered Nurse (Gardner)
Compensation: $89,330.00 - $131,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Bridgewellstrengthens communities by providing an unmatched range of social and human services that empower people with disabilities and other life challenges to live safe, self-directed and productive lives. Bridgewell delivers support through community housing, day programs, outpatient treatment, recovery services, education and employment training. We're committed to helping people in need, from those with autism to people with substance use disorders, become engaged members of their communities. Bridgewell is also the industry leader in developing innovative offerings in response to unmet or emerging needs.
The Position:We're looking for aResidential Registered Nurse!Youwill coordinate health services for individuals with developmental and/or psychiatric disabilities living in Bridgewell residential or supportive living group homes. Responsibilities include: health care education, medical assessment and support for the individuals and their staff, advocacy and liaison with community health care providers, monitoring medical records, and medication administration oversight.
Schedule:The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday with some flexibility in hours. Paid on-call rotation is required approximately once every 6 weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides, supervises, and documents health care services in accordance with appropriate state regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts RN license requirements, and professionally abides by all agency policies and procedures.
- Functions as an integral member of the staff teams at assigned group homes. Meets as needed with Program Directors and/or other team members to maintain continuity and consistency of care.
- Acts as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular medical needs and care. Helps staff identify appropriate community health resources. Works collaboratively with the Program Director to facilitate discharges from health care facilities.
- Provides consultation to DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified Staff as needed.
- Provides in-service education to individuals and/or staff on health issues.
- Provides quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Serves as a mentor and clinical field supervisor for the licensed practical nurse.
- Provides ongoing supervision for the licensed practical nurse to ensure optimal health care provision to Bridgewell recipients.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures, which maintain quality of care and compliance with the Medication Administration Program.
- Works collaboratively with nursing/healthcare staff of Bridgewell by participating in monthly nursing staff meetings, agency-wide healthcare planning, and on-call pager rotation.
- Collaborates with Program Director, Director of Healthcare, RNs and LPN's to assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs.This should include, but is not limited to:
- Individual client assessment
- Review of routine and other physical exams
- Review of physician ordered treatments
- Assurance of treatment follow-up and coordination of medical and psychiatric care
- Referral for additional treatment as needed with PACE, VNA, local hospital etc
- Maintenance of medical charts.
- Problem solving with individuals and staff
- Motivation of individuals and staff
- Assistance in MAP systems, including QA checks, periodic assessment of client self-medication skills, submitting medication occurrence reports
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor level or Associate degree in nursing with 3 years' experience.
- Must have current Massachusetts license.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to teach small groups.
- Experience with MR or MH individuals and in MR or MH health and community care preferred.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
- Many benefits starting at 24 or more regularly scheduled hours
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe our benefits package is one of the most competitive (available to all employees regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours)
- Generous paid time off'includes your birthday (that's right, we even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and personal contributions
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training and professional development
Why Should You Apply:If top benefits alone don't sway you, then our compassionate and collaborative work environment should! Bridgewell is committed to training and developing staff and provides the opportunities for you to have a positive impact in the work you do.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, care unit, coronary, hospice, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...