Human Resources Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
In this role, you will directly assist in a wide range of HR activities, learning the responsibilities of an entry level HR Generalist, including HR Data compliance, regular payroll processing, recruiting, onboarding, benefits, and the intern program. We offer flexible work hours to accommodate your school class schedule.
• SAP Data Management and Quality
• Assist in weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll cycles to be completed with high accuracy
• Audit employee pay records to ensure accurate payroll in coordination with off site central payroll processing team
• Interpret local pay policies( e.g. vacation, LOA, disability, worker’s compensation, union contracts, governmental regulations, withholding exemptions, etc) and ensure appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated correctly.
• Assist in monitoring time and attendance data and preparation of data for weekly payroll run using Interflex for a hourly population of 300+ employees.
• Assist in administration of attendance policy
• Capable of handling complex duties. Understand personnel programs, company policies and administrative practices
• Assist recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes,
conducting telephone and in person interviews.
• Learn the importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
• Coordinating and scheduling interviews
• Filing employee records
• Other projects, as determined based on department needs and student interests Qualifications
• Must be enrolled in an accredited US degree college/university program
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Minimum Sophomore standing in Human Resource or comparable degree program
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
**No visa sponsorship is provided for this position now or any time in the future**
• Preferred Junior/ Senior status or above
• Advanced experience in Microsoft office applications EEO Statement
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back. Apply now Vitesco Technologies offers efficient and clean powertrain technologies. The focus is on intelligent systems and components for the electrification of vehicles as well as electronic control systems, sensors, actuators and exhaust aftertreatment solutions.
Loading some great jobs for you...