- Customer Service Associates
3982 Pompey Center Rd
Hospital Bed Service Technician - Field Service Engineer
Expectation for all Associates: Supports the company's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following traits: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Servant Spirit. These TRAITS provide a reference for CSA Associates to continually return to as a guide for decision making and a unifying standard for setting priorities and taking action.
Position Summary: This field position may be responsible but not limited to testing, verification, preventative maintenance, installation, and repair services repair and maintenance of hospital, operating, birthing, beds and stretchers and/or other CSA and/or client equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides on-site preventative maintenance, repairs, performance on CSA supported equipment.
* Test or calibrate components or equipment, following manufacturers' manuals and troubleshooting techniques, using hand tools, power tools, or measuring devices.
* Explain and demonstrate correct operation or preventive maintenance of medical equipment to operators.
* Disassemble malfunctioning equipment and remove, repair, or replace defective parts, such as motors, PCBs, or transformers.
* Perform preventive maintenance or service, such as cleaning, lubricating, or adjusting equipment.
* Test, evaluate, and classify excess or in-use medical equipment and determine serviceability, condition, and disposition, in accordance with regulations.
* Keep records of maintenance, repair, and required updates of equipment. Inspect and test malfunctioning equipment, following manufacturers' specifications and using test and analysis instruments.
* Establishes and maintains close communication with assigned customers to ensure maximum operational visibility.
* Responsible for customer satisfaction pertaining to services provided.
* Responsible for following quality practices specified by CSA and product vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
* 5+ years experience working in a hospital in environment performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance electromechanical equipment following current standards, codes and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
* Must have strong mechanical aptitude necessary to repair and maintain hospital beds and stretchers
* Extensive experience working with a variety of models of hospital, operating, birthing, patient specialty beds and stretchers for a variety of manufactures such as Hill-Rom, Stryker, and similar preferred.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with hospital biomed and management staff.
* Ability to read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, policies and procedures.
* Associate is able to prioritize and plan activities and uses time efficiently
* Works independently with little direct supervision
* Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
* Possess basic computer skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position works in an hospital environment and subject to the elements of the environment. Vaccinations/Immunizations or proof of may be required.
* Use of both hands without restriction and manipulate small hand tools.
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. CSA retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
CSA Service Solutions, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
This Employer participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA.
Associated topics: alarm, cable, capacitor, device, electronic, journeyman electrician, meter, repair, voltage, wireman
Associated topics: broadband, capacitor, circuit, electrical, electrician, electricista, electronic, journeyman, meter, voltage
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...