Digital Graphics Editor
Compensation: $76,113.33 - $143,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a digital designer and visual editor to join its Opinion visuals team in New York as a Digital Graphics Editor. He/she will work closely with writers, editors and the visuals team to create information graphics and data visualizations for our print and digital platforms. The Digital Graphics Editor will focus on graphics and interactives that cover politics and economics, and also have opportunities to work on stories and explainers in other areas, including book and arts reviews.
- Collaborate with writers, editors and visuals team to generate new ideas.
- Create concepts for new approaches to visual storytelling and opinion analysis of news events.
- Create graphics and interactives for print and digital platforms.
- Create graphics and interactives for both breaking news and longer-term projects.
- Contribute to other visual stories, including bespoke videos, that are created in the department.
- Attend editorial board meetings.
- Prior experience in a newsroom, with excellent news, data and design judgment.
- A creative vision and willing to share and collaborate on new ideas.
- Strong editing and visual journalism skills with at least one or two specialties that might include design, coding, cartography, animation or data visualization.
- Excellent editorial judgment in order to best frame opinion content and analysis in visual form.
- Experience with business/economic news and charting.
- Experience with political news coverage, especially polling and voter data
- A good understanding and appreciation of business and political news.
- An interest in data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python.
- Good knowledge of responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices.
- Good knowledge of layout, typography, color and interaction design.
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and flexibly under tight deadlines.
- Able to help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- Experience with print design/layout a plus
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
PI115859060* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...