Direct Marketing Associate
Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_17863Direct Marketing AssociateWhere am I based?
New YorkWho we are and what we do?
The newly developed Professional Membership team is responsible for recruiting and retaining members of the world's foremost influential business membership. We equip ambitious professionals with the essential intelligence and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers. We provide a highly specialized service that builds on the power of our journalism, the insight of our analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.Role Overview
The Direct Marketing Associate will join the entrepreneurial team that delivers world-class membership propositions at The Wall Street Journal. The team creates, runs and manages successful 'by invitation' membership groups which convene the world's leading C Suite executives, politicians, industry experts and vertical business communities. The Associate will play a pivotal role in supporting the team - generating awareness, interest and demand for membership and ticket sales, contributing to the future new business growth of the group.Who is my manager?
Senior Marketing ManagerRole Responsibilities
This position will be the key marketing partner to the Senior Marketing Manager, providing support across the following duties:
- Executing a multi-channel campaign plan to drive membership sales leads and event ticket sales, including: email, digital media, social, print media, direct mail, partnerships etc.;
- Work closely with the Audience team on data briefs to fuel your marketing campaigns;
- Work with the Product and Brand marketing teams on the hand off of creative assets and work closely with our internal design team to continue to innovate/evolve based on response;
- Take ownership of making updates to the various marketing websites, ensuring that all marketing websites are up to date with key proposition and event details;
- Identify and work with key marketing partners, including industry associations, membership organizations, media organizations, etc.
- Develop sales enablement materials and support the sales team in their efforts - including playbooks, email templates, sales sheets, etc.
- Provide on-site event support at key annual events;
- Handle purchase orders, invoices and cost management administration in relation to marketing campaigns;
- Develop and maintain clear dashboards/reports that summarize the performance of the marketing campaigns, across the pre-determined KPIs/metrics:
What do you need from me?
- Share topline numbers weekly with the management team;
- Measure and manage campaign costs, efficiencies and drive ROI;
- Analyze and identify actions to drive improved performance;
- Produce monthly reports, with optimization and recommendations, for the management team;
- Produce post-event reporting.
- 1-2 years marketing experience, ideally in B2B membership, publishing, events, media or agency equivalent;
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- An understanding of subscription/membership models, with experience in direct marketing is desirable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills;
- Analytical and data driven, but also have a passion for creativity and forward-thinking flair;
- Have a test-learn-measure approach to everything you do. Be able to analyze results and situations, get to solutions and recommendations quickly;
- Be able to take responsibility for initiatives and encourage a positive 'can do' attitude at all times;
- Be able to embrace and drive change in a pacy environment;
- A keen customer-facing attitude.
WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
PI115883066* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...