Director, Business Development, Partners & Licensing
Compensation: $137,850.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_18818Director, Business Development, Partners & LicensingProfessional Information Business (PIB)Reports to: Regional Head of Partners and LicensingThe Dow Jones Partners and Licensing team maintain relationships with Partners and Licensors around the world, helping to power the Professional Information Business, the B2B division of Dow Jones & Company.When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. We enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.Job DescriptionThe Director, Business Development and Licensing is responsible for managing our partners and licensors (collectively referenced as ?Partner? or ?Partners?) in the assigned region, including developing and negotiating new contracts both to procure information for our own portfolio of products and solutions and to help power the products and solutions of our Partners.The purpose of this position is two fold - to drive revenue through developing new and existing partnerships and to expand regional licensing coverage throughout the assigned territory, maintaining and developing senior relationships with publishers and content owners.Dow Jones works with many thousands of publishers around the world, who produce their own content and/or data for their customers. You will be responsible for evaluating the suitability of the information available for our users and subsequently negotiating the agreements to bring this data into Dow Jones. Further, many of our publishing partners also create their own products and solutions for their customers. You will also be responsible for understanding the publishers business model and products and securing new revenue for Dow Jones by negotiating agreements to help augment their solutions with our own content and data, creating bi-directional partnerships.To be successful you will:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow and retain business, ensuring the value propositions for Dow Jones solutions are clearly articulated and resonate well with the Partners. Building strong and highly-engaged relationships will be a key requirement of this role.
- Onboard new information sources that help our users better solve their problems and drive increased engagement with users of our products. Moreover, you will be responsible for identifying and categorising content by its interest and utility for different customer types.
Required Experience and skills:
- Drive new revenue and content growth, and meet retention and renewal strategy goals within existing and new Partners
- Retain Dow Jones' contracted revenue in the assigned set of Partners, ensuring content, products, and services suitably address business needs
- Take prospective Partners through our Partner Process, ensuring internal consensus has been gained on the terms and nature of the partnership, and you are establishing a mutually beneficial relationship for Dow Jones and the Partner
- Manage forecasts and pipelines ensuring clear reporting on forthcoming renewals, withdrawals / downsells, additional sales/content opportunities, plus associated revenue and timescales
- Manage all aspects of the renewal process in a timely and structured manner; including data collation and presenting a compelling business case
- Maintain high levels of Partner satisfaction through regular communication and establishing strong relationships with all Partners; ultimately ensuring loyalty through the quality of our solutions, the quality of our relationships and the excellent level of responsiveness to their needs
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records within the global CRM systems providing timely management information
- Support and work with our Success Managers in successfully onboarding Partners once agreements are signed or modified. Activities include working with Marketing and Sales on Communication Plans, ensuring proper content testing and delivery, billing set up and invoicing, Sales Team training, and records management
- Assist Regional Head and/or Head of IP Coverage in implementing, adapting, revising and continuing to develop regional revenue and content acquisition strategy
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure understanding of our content, internally, and that these teams are equipped to talk about our content externally
- Work in close collaboration with Legal, Finance, Product and Tech teams to ensure technical feasibility, compliance with Certification requirements, completion of NDAs and Partner suitability evaluations, agreement negotiations, vetting and implementation of demo/trials, and new and on-going record management and reporting
- Participate actively in the local Dow Jones office, developing teamwork and cooperation
- Proven successful track record in a relationship management role supporting strategic solutions to major companies
- Firm experience in business development with a track record of winning
- Strong results orientation to drive to achieve retention and new business goal
- Excellent relationship building skills ensuring ongoing industry credibility
- Ability to understand and demonstrate the value proposition for the Dow Jones products
- Good planning skills and attention to detail to successfully plan and complete annual renewals and to develop and implement longer-term retention strategies
- Over 8 years of proven experience in business negotiations and internal/external relationship management (could have been developed in sales, consulting, marketing, business development, financial services)
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills. Superior organizational skills, with a solution-orientated approach to problems and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to convey information using a communication style appropriate to the audience.
- Understanding of internet and intranet applications, emerging and web technologies, and industry standards. Understanding of XML and news standards formats.
- Commercial awareness of the implications of potential contractual obligations.
- Proven experience in managing projects according to deadlines.
- Understanding of Dow Jones' mission to provide world-class global news and business information and emerging market trends.
- High degree of professionalism, adaptability & tenacity
- Fluency in regional languages and English essential
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
PIB - OFFICE
Associated topics: analyst, bi, client, customer, franchise owner, guest, inside sales, mba, sales, territory sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...