Director, Strategic Initiatives
Compensation: $205,500.00 - $205,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_18885Reporting directly to the CFO you will help resolve how best to strategically set the Finance department up for success. This role will manage functions essential to the CFO's which includes partnering with the Finance senior leadership team to develop and implement a department mission and strategy by driving innovation, collaboration, and efficiencies for Finance. This role is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the CFO and her leadership team, and serves as point person for the CFO on a day-to-day basis. A key component of the position would include being aware of activity throughout the business and clearly communicating information and actions relevant to the CFO.Core Responsibilities
Transformation & Process Improvement
- Demonstrates solid understanding of Dow Jones' core business and strategic plan; regularly promotes the CFO's vision to the broader team to ensure alignment and productivity
- Prepares and briefs the CFO on thoughtful, digestible and concise talking points for meetings and events, including employee town halls and executive leadership meetings; demonstrates strong ability to synthesize the most important points from high-level vision and information
- Instills a sense of teamwork and loyalty within the broader team to inspire and motivate others around growth initiatives; acts as ?eyes and ears? to ensure such initiatives are implemented effectively
- Initiates and spearheads special projects and initiatives
- Assists in facilitating decision-making with the CFO and Senior leadership team; acts as confidant, sounding board, and advisor to offer sound perspective and guidance
Communication, Change Management, Facilitation
- Identify and scope improvement and transformation initiatives, diagnosing and solving pain points, and implementing improvements
- Partner with leadership to find opportunities to be innovative and industry-leading, improve efficiency, and scale the business effectively
- Own high impact transformation initiatives and contribute to the overall outcomes, definition, scoping, design, and delivery requirements for cross-functional problems
- Create overarching roadmaps, communication and change management plans. Develop well-planned communication and change management strategies for program roll-outs
- Help to create/facilitate communication channels, strategies, and tactics that support our goals
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders within the organization to generate proper levels of awareness and adoption of the team's objectives and goals
- Maintain a consistent communication and socialization plan to ensure all teams have the most up to date information
- Understand/Establish internal department processes, develop a scalable project infrastructure, participating in the tracking and reporting of goals, and leading business-focused projects
- Identify and manage key dependencies between work streams
- Track and report progress, risks and issues to senior management in order to enable accelerated decision making
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Responsible for precise execution of operational efforts
- Partner with the leadership team and internal partners on headcount planning, department culture, and recognition
- Business operations, transformation, process design, and project management experience
- Ability to operate independently with excellent time management skills and confirmed ability to deliver on multiple, competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively interact with people and partners across all levels within an organization
- Proven ability to follow through on complex projects from idea to implementation
Associated topics: bank, corporate banking, credit, finance, finance director, financial planning, financial services, fiscal, risk, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...