Freelance Product Designer
Compensation: $64,820.00 - $105,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a Freelance Designer to join the WSJ Product Design team. Who We Are
The WSJ informs users of decisions that drive the world forward. As a member of the Product Design team, you too will be a voice and advocate for users, empathizing with and thoroughly understanding their goals, desires and preferences. You'll use this knowledge to inform concepts and innovative solutions across products and projects. You will collaborate with and work alongside product managers, engineers, editors, interactive graphics and business stakeholders to create beautiful and coherent experiences that our readers love. Ultimately, you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver news to our customers.
What you'll do
- Work with WSJ PDE (Product, Design & Engineering) and the WSJ newsroom to build tools and products to produce digital news experiences
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to implement and deliver final products
- Implement design direction and the WSJ design language system, ensuring a consistent and coherent user experience and aesthetic voice with a high level of quality and polish
- Rapidly produce designs and innovate within the fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining bigger picture design and brand consistency
- Work with UX researchers to observe and analyze usability studies
- Take part in design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Support the team in developing new approaches to complex design problems
- Prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Stay informed with design trends and techniques, and proactively pursue ideas for professional development
Requirements (Web, Tools/CMS)
- Availability for full-time, 4-month contract beginning March 2018
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years experience with designing and building products for mobile and desktop experiences
- Passion for identifying and solving problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Experience with industry standard digital product design tools (Sketch, Adobe CC and prototyping software such as InVision)
- Familiarity with digital product design best practices and procedures
- Experience with applying experience design, information hierarchy, user flow, and typography principles
TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
PI115347818* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...