Manager, Product Optimization
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_18026Manager, Product OptimizationAbout The Optimization TeamThe optimization team builds, launches, and analyzes hundreds of experiments seen by millions of our customers every year. Digital experimentation is the most powerful product development tool on the planet. By developing variations to current experiences and exposing our customers to them, we quickly, iteratively learn exactly what our customers want. We now oversee 10+ experimentation tracks solving for acquisition, engagement, retention, and consuming content that we run in partnership with our various stakeholders across the business.The RoleYou will oversee our experimentation partnership with the core product teams for WSJ and Barron's, developing hypotheses about the most critical customer experience: consuming our world class journalism and finding value in our digital products. Working with core product stakeholders, you will help build the best digital home for our journalism.You will combine, data, a deep understanding of business priorities, and collaborative input from stakeholders to generate and prioritize an experimentation roadmap for acquisition. You'll go beyond the obvious to review, create, and optimize customer segmentation to maximize conversion through personalized experiences.You have an agile product mindset. You know that every great idea is built on possibilities and assumptions, and that the journey is about proving them each step of the way. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward, and iterate.Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years product management or growth experience with digital consumer products, ideally experience in a role focused on subscription or ecommerce products
- Experience with A/B or multivariate testing and an intense curiosity about the digital world
- Superior data-driven decision making; prior experience in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or another major analytics platform to gather, sort, analyze, and action data
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize a product roadmap by synthesizing business and stakeholder requirements and identifying areas of opportunity
- Strong collaborative instincts and interpersonal skills; must enjoy and work well with a wide variety of stakeholders in a complex organization
- Strategic and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated, and eager to find new areas of opportunity for the team
- A healthy skepticism of the status quo
WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Loading some great jobs for you...