Marketing Manager, Live Journalism
Compensation: $134,440.00 - $127,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_18805Who we are and what we do?
The Wall Street Journal Professional Membership team is responsible for recruiting and retaining members of the world's foremost influential business membership. We equip ambitious professionals with the essential intelligence, events and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers. We provide highly specialized services that builds on the power of our journalism, the insight of our analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.Role Overview
The Marketing Manager will join the entrepreneurial team that delivers world-class event propositions at The Wall Street Journal. The team creates, runs and manages successful events which convene the world's leading C Suite executives, politicians, industry experts and vertical business communities. The Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in generating awareness, interest and demand for our custom events division, contributing to the future new business growth of the group.Who is my manager?
Audience & Direct Marketing DirectorWhat are my accountabilities?
What do you need from me?
- This position will be the key marketing partner to the Audience & Direct Marketing Director, developing and executing the marketing campaign strategy for our Custom events;
- Develop and execute multi-channel campaign plans to drive awareness and sales of our event propositions including: email, digital media, social, print media, direct mail, telesales, partnerships etc.;
- Work closely with the Audience Development team to develop identify targeted audiences and define strategies to engage them with the relevant event roll-outs and campaigns;
- Work closely with a Brand and Product Marketing partner on all marketing/creative briefs, ensuring that the assets and messaging engages the target audience and drives response;
- Identify and work with key marketing partners to deliver audiences for our events, including industry associations, membership organizations, media organizations, etc.;
- Manage marketing budgets for all assigned conferences - monitoring the effectiveness of all activity and making timely adjustments to maximize ROI;
- Provide on-site event support for key events;
- Develop and maintain clear dashboards/reports that summarize the performance of the marketing campaigns, across the pre-determined KPIs/metrics:
- Share topline numbers weekly with the management team;
- Measure and manage campaign costs, efficiencies and drive ROI;
- Analyze and identify actions to drive improved performance;
- Produce monthly reports, with optimization and recommendations, for the management team;
- Produce post-event reporting.
- Minimum of 3 years marketing experience, ideally in B2B publishing, events, media or agency equivalent;
- Proven delivery of positive results and growth through direct marketing;
- Analytical and data driven, but also have a passion for creativity and forward-thinking flair;
- Have a test-learn-measure approach to everything you do. Be able to analyse results and situations, get to solutions and recommendations quickly;
- Be able to take responsibility for initiatives and encourage a positive 'can do' attitude at all times;
- Be able to embrace and drive change in a pacy environment;
- Experience using CRM and marketing automation platforms, ideally with Salesforce and Eloqua;
- Digital marketing expertise that has driven business outcomes;
- A keen customer-facing attitude;
- Ideally possess a Business or Marketing degree, CIM qualified and/or relevant experience.
PI115670870* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...