Regional Sales Director - Middle Markets
Compensation: $197,780.00 - $197,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Director, Middle Markets
who will lead an inside sales team focused on developing new to company business. As part of the Americas Professional Information Business (PIB) sales leadership team, the Regional Sales Director - Middle Markets (RSD) is responsible for developing Dow Jones Sales revenue across the U.S. and Canada. This team is ultimately responsible for finding and developing new customers and upselling existing inside sales accounts.. The RSD is accountable for the development and implementation of sales strategies to achieve regional sales and revenue objectives. Core product ranges include Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Factiva, Dow Jones Newswires and DNA (Data News and Analytics feeds).The RSD will lead a team responsible for identifying, qualifying, developing and closing new business across an assigned region to achieve revenue goals. Identify and analyze underlying customer business and sales issues in order to match the appropriate solutions and technology customers' requirements. A consultative sales approach is a pre-requisite. Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of our product sets including brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.Required Experience:
- At least three years of sales management experience, leading a B2B sales team selling complex solutions to high value clients and prospects.
- Five years solutions sales experience with a minimum of three years experience in the online information industry.
- Ability to lead, manage and build a sales team to facilitate accomplishment of team goals and sustain team morale.
- Plan and monitor staff progress - review & evaluate performance results
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Establish sales objectives by accurate forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new products.
- Be continually aware of key metrics, including: individual and team revenue performance, progress versus financial targets, and historical / required future activity levels from team.
- Analyze financial reports, pipeline reports and other information available from Sales Operations to determine areas of opportunity and threat.
- Ability to train direct reports on new and existing Dow Jones Enterprise products and services.
- Organizational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client requirements and priorities.
- Sets a good example in a team environment.Ability to coach staff to improve their skills and strengthen their performance.
- Ability to communicate purpose and importance of both corporate and team goals and monitor team activities to ensure goal fulfillment.
- Ability to train direct reports on new and existing Dow Jones products and services.
- Possess a demonstrated proficiency and ability to coach team members in best in class prospecting, lead research and cold-calling techniques that generate new business.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Organizational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client and prospective requirements and priorities.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Making decisions which optimize regional performance and support corporate goals.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to cope professionally with demanding sales goals and expectations.
- Degree level education.
- This role may require limited travel within the assigned region.
PIB - SALES
Associated topics: analyst, b2b, business growth, channel partner, customer, franchise owner, franchise operator, intelligence, sales, transaction
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...