Senior Audience Manager Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view \"Find Jobs - Dow Jones.\" Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
- Senior Audience Manager - Professional (NY)
Who we are and what we do?
The Wall Street Journal Professional Membership team is responsible for recruiting and retaining members of the world's foremost influential business membership. We equip ambitious professionals with the essential intelligence, events and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers. We provide highly specialized services that builds on the power of our journalism, the insight of our analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.
The Senior Audience Manager will join the entrepreneurial team that delivers world-class event propositions at The Wall Street Journal. The team creates, runs and manages successful events which convene the world's leading C Suite executives, politicians, industry experts and vertical business communities. The Senior Audience Manager will play a pivotal role in coordinating the team responsible for audience curation for all event and membership propositions, ensuring that marketing campaigns are targeted appropriately and that results are driven through data.
Who is my manager?
Audience & Direct Marketing Director
What are my accountabilities?
- Develop the audience development strategy, with the Director, for all WSJ Professional membership propositions and lead the execution of the strategy with your team;
- Develop effective audience briefs for all memberships and event brands and source key partners, ensuring that key on profile data is continually fed into our acquisition outreach. Including but not limited to:
- Management of our outsource research partner strategy - ensuring that all projects are briefed effectively and that the data provided meets the required the buyer profile requirements;
- Manage the sourcing and contracting of all audience data partners, negotiating the best rates and service levels for the business;
- Overseeing the campaign targeting strategy across the WSJ Digital Network - defining segments that will power our onsite digital advertising and email strategy.
- Manage and develop audience development team (of 4) to ensure that:
- All audience and marketing automation processes/procedures are defined, documented, maintained and continually reviewed for ongoing improvement;
- All lead handling processes are efficient, transparent and measurable;
- All inbound correspondence from members and guests is handled quickly to the highest standards.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Sales Analyst to build out a reporting suite for the WSJ Professional management team, making recommendations on strategy based on observations and analysis. Including:
- Executing query requests from Marketing teams to drive new insights;
- Presenting opportunities that address core strategic questions e.g. customer behavior patterns, opportunity sizing for new or existing products/offers and channel optimization;
- Develop actionable customer segments for digital campaigns as requested by marketing team's e.g. frequent customers/attendees, lapsed members/customers.
- Own the relationship with the Marketing Operations team to deliver a Customer/Prospect Data Warehouse - optimizing data architecture, maintaining data quality and operational performance;
- Ensure the teams' practices are compliant with latest privacy and GDPR regulations, representing the department as part of the Dow Jones Privacy Champion initiative;
- Deliver customer insights and segmentation - leveraging the data warehouse to profile customer base against key metrics and identify new opportunities for targeted marketing efforts;
- Success metrics include:
- Balance delivering hands-on technical expertise, accuracy and efficiency with providing strategic vision, actionable recommendations and new insights;
- Develop and help implement actionable and measurable targeting strategies for email and digital channels - deliver increase in revenue and ROI of marketing investments;
- Glean insights from data and effectively communicate opportunities to multiple internal audiences from Senior Leadership to marketing, sales and technology partners;
- Become the ?go-to? resource and expert for customer data in the Professional team;
- Provide excellent service to internal clients and build strong, productive relationships with external partners.
What do you need from me?
A self-starter with leadership qualities gained working and managing teams and/or strategy, you will be able to lead, inspire and deliver in a matrix environment. You'll have:
- 5-7 years' experience in B2B database/audience marketing. Specific experience in Conferences/Events or Subscriptions/Memberships is highly desirable;
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy;
- Data-driven marketer, who understands how to use automation to improve productivity and optimization;
- Proven delivery of positive results and growth through database marketing;
- Proven ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast paced, collaborative environment;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience with Salesforce, marketing automation and demand/lead generation technology;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically;
- Bachelor's degree
WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Loading some great jobs for you...