Senior Product Manager, Barrons Group Mobile Apps
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Barron's Group is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to work with our various brand Product teams and guide the Product strategy for our Mobile Apps.Role and Expectations:
- Formulate and execute the product vision for Barron's Group Mobile Apps.
- Develop the product pipeline or roadmap and agree on appropriate prioritization, working with brand Product leads, UX and Design, in partnership with our Dow Jones Engineering teams based in New York, London, Minneapolis and Hong Kong.
- Ensure that execution and vision are aligned and address questions or concerns that arise due to client requests, prioritizations or other business challenges. Communicate clearly and quickly any conflicts, questions or concerns about development, feature requests, or timelines.
- Manage migration and long-term Product Management of mobile apps on the shared News Corp mobile app platform
- Identify opportunities for synergies and solution re-use within the App ecosystem with a ?one app? mindset
- Work with Product Director, MarketWatch, Senior Product Manager, Barron's and Product Manager, FN London, to gather and prioritize requirements, leveraging existing product features as necessary to ensure a streamlined approach to product and feature management.
- Communicate business objectives with development team and work to develop effective solutions that scale and translate across Barron's Group Mobile Apps ecosystem.
- Write user stories and coordinate with Engineering, UX and Design teams on requirements and delivery.
- Establish prioritization for feature developments and enhancements, as well as for the sequencing of Barron's Group Mobile Apps priorities.
- Provide day-to-day Product guidance for mobile delivery teams (product, project, UX and Design, QA, etc).
- Conduct Sprint Planning and Pre-Planning, including background work, design and research to write robust user stories, including edge cases.
- Understand and effectively convey product priorities and dependencies to development and delivery teams, explaining what the requirements are and why.
- Work with teams to problem solve, jointly brainstorming solutions that meet business needs and make sense within the product and engineering constraints.
- Be the voice of quality control for UX and design.
- Be a proactive advocate for the product vision, quality, and product roadmap, both in person and online channels.
- Be present and responsive to team and client needs, concerns and changes in direction.
- Provide cohesive leadership and clear, effective communication and conflict resolution for the team.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in mobile development practices.
TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Associated topics: android, app, application developer, ios, java, mobile application, mobile developer, object c, objective c, swift
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...