Technical Account Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_19249Job TitleTechnical Account ManagerReporting toManager, Technical Account ManagementDepartmentProfessional Information BusinessLocationLondon, New York, New JerseyAbout usFor more than 125 years, we have been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top professionals and enterprises. In this time we have become a leader in news and data and home to leading products including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Risk and Compliance, Financial News and VentureSource.Within our professional information business, the DNA developer platform underpins our API first, platform based product development strategy and desire to make available our trusted, world class datasets to our partners and customers. The result is a leading developer experience that enables enterprise developers to build intelligent applications leveraging Dow Jones' feed and API products from our Factiva and Newswires product portfolios.DNA demonstrates the unique intersection of content, data, technology and innovation at which Dow Jones operates and our desire to deliver leading data products and solutions for professionals and enterprises.RoleReporting to the Manager, Technical Account Management our Technical Account Managers (TAM) provide post sale, technical implementation project management and engineering support to ensure customer and partner success for all News & Insights products.Working in partnership with the pre sales Customer Solution Engineering and Sales teams, TAMs will drive implementation of integration solutions for Dow Jones' clients and partners who range from cutting edge startups to the world's most respected corporations. For strategic customers this may include ongoing technical client change management throughout the duration of the client relationship with Dow Jones.In addition to working with customers, TAMs will have access to the DNA developer platform and tools for identifying innovative solutions to business problems.Responsibilities
- Work with Customer Solutions Engineering to transition clients from pre-sales into technical implementation of the solution identified in the Customer Success Plan. This includes liaison and coordination with Customers, Partners, Sales, Customer Engagement Specialists (CES), Developer Support Group (DSG) and core Product Engineering teams.
- Produce a technical implementation schedule and project status report identifying issues, risks, dependencies and opportunities. Provide regular feedback to the Sales team during the implementation phase, escalating any changes that customers want to make that may have commercial implications.
- Manage multiple customer implementations, whilst maintaining high-levels of customer engagement.
Skills & ExperienceRequired:
- Share best practices with clients for both technical development and successful negotiation of client's internal implementation approvals processes. Contribute and review clients design and implementation documentation where required.
- Provide feedback to Dow Jones Solution Engineering, Product and Technology teams on emerging requirements and client technology trends, lessons learned from implementations.
- Technical account management of client post-sale, to facilitate continued adoption of Dow Jones technology within the client organisation, including identifying cross and upsell opportunities.
- Ensure that all Dow Jones and department processes and policies are adhered to.
- Conduct insightful analysis into ongoing or one-time operational issues - highlighting relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Understanding customer and industry demand and providing feedback to inform the development of the DNA Developer Platform.
- More than 3 years' prior work in a customer-facing customer engineering or Technical Account Management role
- Technical project management expertise
- Software development experience
- Demonstrated experience building and leading technical product demonstrations that include APIs, XML feeds, and configurable widgets
- Business acumen and problem solving skills to assist with client requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Professionalism and a client first approach
- Self motivated team player
- Ability to work several diverse projects at the same time
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Extensive interpersonal & planning skills and cross-group coordination at all levels
- Ability to clearly define goals/milestones, with a strong track record of delivery
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize broad and complex information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Experience of project management tools and presentation software desired
- College degree strongly preferred (degree in computer science or business technology)
- Language skills preferable but not essential
- Travel due to business purposes may be required
- Strong coding skills in several programming languages, preferably including at least one contemporary mobile development language or framework
- Experience and familiarity with our products and lines of business including Factiva, Risk & Compliance, VentureSource, Newswires, etc.
PIB - OFFICE
Loading some great jobs for you...