The controller is a key member of the Plant s leadership team, and the financial leadership of the entire plant. Responsible for defining and implementing financial control procedures, systems and standards as may be required for the proper performance of the accounting function within the limits of approved company practice. The Controller is an active resource in keeping the Plant Manager and other members of the staff apprised of deviations, analyzing performance and bringing best practices to the plant. This position must advise Plant Manager ways to improve financial performance by benchmarking other locations, comprehending strong historical performance period and making recommendations with quantifications to improve the financial performance of this location.Responsibilities
- Prepares location operating and capital budgets.
- Monitors all spending and reports monthly, quarterly and annual results to management.
- Analyzes operating results including manufacturing cost, productivity, and scrap rates.
- Assists Plant manager in evaluating performance and actions necessary to improve results.
- Monitors fixed assets. Coordinates and supervises annual fixed asset inventories. Coordinates the preparation of expenditure requests (CERs) and actively works with the initiators of CERs to quantify acceptable levels of investment returns. Monitors capital project spending and is responsible for closing capital projects on a timely basis. Maintains the integrity of the location s fixed asset ledger by working with the shared services department.
- Directs and controls production and scrap reporting, material movement including receiving and interplant shipping.
- Maintains control of and reports the results of monthly cycle counts and annual physical inventories.
- Supervises plant Finance staff.
- Responsible for the training of finance department employees, planning, assigning, and directing their work activities.
- Works with all levels of plant and divisional personnel on issues including budgeting, assessment of cost reduction recommendations and comparison of actual results to plan.
- Responsible for maintaining local compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as directed.
- Interprets company policies to plant personnel.
- Communicates closely with all department managers and supervisors to ensure positive outcomes.
- Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
- Follow Lean Manufacturing procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required. MBA or CPA a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of financial or accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Fiduciary responsibility for at least $100 million dollar organization, 100 employees
- Experience with the financials of a large-size manufacturing facility.
- Must have knowledge of spreadsheet application software programs.
- JDEdwards MRP System experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to compose reports, procedures, policies and general business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to any level of employee.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives is preferred.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.