GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated engineers to become part of state of the art, 300mm wafer fabrication facility in Malta, New York. As an engineer you will own equipment and work closely with technicians to maintain the equipment set, understand, troubleshoot issues, drive them to resolution and continually improve performance.
- Work closely with technicians to define and write maintenance plans, recovery procedures, PM procedures, quals, training material and other documentation for assigned equipment. Hands-on participation with frequent factory floor presence is expected.
- Analyze tool alarm data to find patterns, trends and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Work with procurement and vendors to ensure adequate spare parts for equipment through analysis of usage, inventory levels, cost, lead time and tool downtime.
- Set up SPC charts and out-of-control action plans to ensure appropriate action is taken when parameters drift beyond established limits.
- Review and test software upgrades, define rollback plans and execute rollout.
- Use structured problem solving methodologies in addressing incidents to contain impact, correct root cause and prevent recurrence.
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement to enhance systems, procedures, business processes, etc.
- Works with Environmental , Health, and Safety (EHS) department to ensure all safety procedures meet safety policies and ergonomic standards.
- Works with industrial engineering to develop capacity models for assigned equipment.
- Regularly review and monitor high-level equipment metrics such as availability, utilization, throughput and alarm trends.
- Set up and conduct regular meetings with vendors including establishing the agenda, documenting minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Manage installation of equipment and perform acceptance tests to ensure expectations and standards are met prior to warranty start.
- Contribute to building a strong collaborative team environment and train new team members as needed.
- 2 year Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / experience.
- Exceptional hands-on mechanical, technical, troubleshooting and software skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter; strong leadership qualities.
- Strong ability to be flexible and react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated project management skills including manage multiple tasks simultaneously, scheduling, tracking action items, engaging and following-up with people, meeting deadlines and commitments, etc.
- Be a strong team player.
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment without restriction.
- Be able to come in early, work late and respond to occasional phone calls during nights and weekends to address equipment issues.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- B.S. degree in Engineering.
- 1-3 years career experience.
- Experience in a highly technical environment working with major applications and IT systems.
- Recent experience supporting a leading-edge 300mm wafer factory with a high degree of automation and complexity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@globalfoundries.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.