Facilities Electrical Senior Technician (Saint Albans)
Compensation: $76,480.00 - $123,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Summary of Role
Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to sustain and maintain Electrical Facilities equipment.
is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts, the Electrical Facilities Technician position works a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. The candidate will help lead the facilities organization and
Fab 8 to world class levels of excellence.
* Operate, maintain, and repair facilities electrical systems up to 115kV in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
* Complete equipment inspections, tests and operational checks
* Lead a team of technicians by optimizing work assignments, daily direction and achievement of area performance objectives and goals
* Read and understand electrical schematics and ladder logic
* Partner with other Senior Technicians and Management in identifying training requirements and safety procedures in assigned specialty areas
* Partner with Engineering, Staff Technicians and other specialty technicians on various facilities projects
* Qualify on the Factory Monitoring and Control System (FMCS) board
* Perform addition duties as assigned and assist other specialty areas as required
* Participation on the facilities Emergency Response Team may be required
* Education and experience requirements include any one of the options listed below. (Relevant facilities experience is defined as an electrical facilities technician in a manufacturing environment with major emphasis in HVAC equipment and operations.)
* 2 Year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor operations or a related discipline, OR
* Equivalent military training / experience , OR
* High school diploma with a minimum of 4 years relevant electrical facilities experience
* Fluent in English Language written & verbal
* Physical Capacity Demands -
* Ability to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
* Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
* Ability to perform activities that include climbing multiple flights of stairs, vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
* Ability to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and ladder logic with electrical trouble shooting skills
* Ability to read and understand blueprints, manuals and operations specifications
* Ability to use electrical testing equipment such as multi-meter and megger
* Ability to operate computer programs including Microsoft Office and SAP
* Ability to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of electrical information (waveform analysis...)
* Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
* Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
* Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
* Demonstrated electrical abilities with experience in maintenance and operation of equipment
* Understand Allen Bradley PLC programs and Rockwell Software
* Able to work on 4160V VFD and motor
* Preventative maintenance software and automated building control systems knowledge
* Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
* Experience operating facilities support systems using a Facilities Maintenance and Control System
* Minimum of 2 years direct experience working in semi-conductor manufacturing or in semi-conductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance
* Able to wear upgraded PPE in accordance with Emergency Response Protocols and OSHA standards as a participating member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and become ERT/First Aid/CPR qualified
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Associated topics: alarm, capacitor, circuit, electronic, journeyman, journeyman electrician, meter, relay, solder, voltage
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...