GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking motivated individuals to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. The Production Support Technician will be required to directly support and primary routine Fab equipment and process support operations. The position requires working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts
Your role as a Production Support Technician you are responsible to support the Fab 8 routine operational process and supporting equipment needs. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to\\:
* Perform basic & routine preventative equipment tasks, including but not limited to\\: * Chemical & photoresist bottle changes
* Polish pad, brush & conditioning disk changes
* Head & source rebuilds
* Parts, chamber & Quartz cleans
* Parts Logistics
* Perform visual inspections/quality checks
* Assist in the monitoring of tool performance
* Assist in the qualification of toolsets
* Assist in the routine processing of wafers and initiate quals using defined procedures
* Actively participate and apply understanding of continuous improvement processes (CANDO/5S)
* Provide training as needed to new team members
* Review SPC charts for process quality and react to routine out of control conditions
* Use standard software applications and interface programs
* Complete all required reporting & documentation
* Applies understanding of company policies and procedures, including health, safety and environmental procedures
* Perform all activities in a safe, responsible manner and support Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements
* All other duties as assigned
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* HS Diploma or equivalence
* Demonstrated ability to operate automated or computerized systems and MS office software
* Ability to read and understand manuals and operations specifications
* Fluent in English Language written & verbal.
* Physical Capacity Demands\\:
* Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift. (excluding breaks)
* Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 40lb on a periodic basis throughout the shift.
* Able to perform activities that include bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
* Able to perform shift work in a 12 hour shift schedule, including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry
* Able to perform work which requires continuous neck extension/flexion/neutral & rotational movements
* Able to wear all required personal protective clothing and equipment without restriction for normal 12 hour shift (excluding breaks) including negative pressure respirators
* Able to perform work which requires continuous hand/eye coordination, keyboarding, handling, and wrist motion
* 2 year of Work Experience
* Asscociates Degree
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
* Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
* Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
* Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
* Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
* Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.