- $66,405.00 -130,870.00/year*
196 Town Office Rd
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Facilities Mechanical technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to operate and maintain Facilities mechanical equipment with primary responsibility for the Facilities Cleanroom Support equipment and Central Utility Plant. This position works a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts. The candidate will help lead the facilities organization and GLOBALFOUNDRIES FAB 8 to world class levels of excellence. The individual will report to the Section Shift Manager for Mechanical Systems for GLOBALFOUNDRIES located in Malta, New York.
* Operate facilities related equipment via a Facilities Control and Monitoring System
* Perform preventative mechanical maintenance and calibrations on various facilities related equipment including, Exhaust systems, Process Vacuum, Process Cooling, FAB related Foreline and heat trace, chillers and chilled water support systems, pumps, boilers, air handlers, fire protection.
* Troubleshoot and repair facilities. Exhaust systems, Process Vacuum, Process Cooling Water, FAB related Foreline and heat trace, chillers and chilled water support systems, pumps, boilers, air handlers and fire protection
* Assist in the creation of operations and maintenance specifications
* Mentor and coach junior technicians
* Support complex troubleshooting of facilities equipment and associated failures
* Partner with other Technicians and Management in identifying training requirements and safety procedures in assigned areas
* Partner with Engineers and Technicians on various facilities projects
* Participation on the facilities Emergency Response Team (ERT) may be required
* Perform additional duties as assigned and assist other specialty areas as required
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* Education and experience requirements include any one of the options listed below. (Relevant experience is defined as facilities, maintenance, or operational technician experience working with HVAC , FAB related equipment and operations)
* Equivalent military training / experience with a minimum of 3 years relevant facilities experience, OR
* High school diploma or equivalence with a minimum of 3 years relevant facilities work experience
* Fluent in English Language written & verbal
* Demonstrated ability to operate automated or computerized systems and MS office software
* Ability to read and understand manuals and operations specifications
* Physical Capacity Demands -
* Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
* Ability to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
* Ability to perform activities that include climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and crawling
* Ability to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
* Able to wear upgraded PPE in accordance with Safety procedures, such as N95 Dust Mask or other air filtering devices.
* Emergency Response Protocols and OSHA standards as a participating member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and become ERT/First Aid/CPR qualified.
* Associates Degree
* Demonstrated knowledge of Semiconductor FAB systems and related equipment
* Demonstrated ability to operate computer programs including Microsoft Office and SAP
* Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
* Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
* Demonstrated mechanical abilities with experience in maintenance and operation of equipment
* Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
* Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required
* Preventative maintenance software and automated building control systems knowledge i.e. FMCS a plus.
* Minimum of 1 years direct experience working in semi-conductor manufacturing or in semi-conductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...