Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Hanover Bank is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager. This person provides continuity of the Branch & Business Development Officer s directives in his/her absence; ensures that the Bank s goals and objectives are met and that the Bank s policies, procedures, practices and controls have been implemented and are being adhered to in order to protect the Bank against monetary loss.
- Works in conjunction with the VP of Branch & Business Development with the overall management and administration of the branch, monitoring branch and staff performance to ensure the branch operates in accordance with established policies, procedures, practices and controls.
- Administers new products and programs, including sales promotion and incentive programs.
- Conducts performance appraisals, counsels staff, and performs necessary disciplinary actions.
- Creates, interprets and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Ensures that adequate security is provided and maintained for the branch employees, customers, cash, negotiable instruments and equipment.
- Recommends and implements changes in systems and procedures.
- Discusses and resolves customer complaints, concerns and problems in person, over the telephone and in writing.
- Replies to a variety of general correspondence.
- Opens new accounts and assists customers in processing routine and non-routine transactions.
- Assists with the daily opening and closing of the branch.
- Assists with the daily opening of the branch vault(s).
- Collaborates with the BSA/Compliance Officer on all aspects of Compliance, BSA and AML monitoring.
- Prepares and conducts Business Site Visitation reports and assists Business Development Officer as needed, including scheduling and attending business calls to clients and business prospects.
- Conducts branch/departmental staff meetings to discuss bank/branch objectives; establishes priorities and ensures compliance with established policy and procedures.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. potential losses, cash items, sales, etc.)
- Assists with routine internal audits of the branch inclusive of new account verification and review and approval of file maintenances performed by staff, ensuring that adequate audit practices and controls are maintained.
- Communicates in person, over the telephone and in writing with inter/intra departmental representatives.
Bi-lingual fluency required in Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese
Salary will commensurate with experience.
The position is located in Chinatown- New York, NY 10013.
Hanover Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...