Connecticut-New Britain-389 John Downey Dr New Britain (10139)
Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Aug 16, 2019
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation - from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system's organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Absence Management Office is a part of Hartford HealthCare's internal service center which includes Lifecycle, Retirement, Benefits, Compensation, KRONOS and Payroll.
The Absence Management Coordinator position is responsible for administering employee leaves of absence including Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leaves and Non FMLA leave and short term disability (STD) claims, as well as coordinating leave with paid time off programs, workers' compensation, long term disability (LTD) and employee purchased disability benefits. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the FMLA leave, STD administration, and LTD process with HHC's outsourcing partner.
- Single point of contact for local Human Resources, employees and managers on STD, LTD and FMLA claims, questions, and process. Receives and administers requests for other types of disability, military and personal leave.
- Coordinates the return-to-work process for FMLA and other disability related leaves of absence.
- Manages timekeeping activities, including entering, editing, and approving time in the KRNOS system for employees on continuous FMLA/non FMLA leave.
- Processes and maintains transactions and data elements in the PeopleSoft HRIS for employees on continuous FMLA/non FMLA leave.
- Coordinates with Payroll and other internal functions and external payers to ensure the accurate payment of paid time off benefits and disability leave benefits.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of relevant laws including but not limited to FMLA, workers compensation, and ADA.
High School Diploma or equivalent
3 years' experience in a role administering FMLA and non-FMLA leaves of absence.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Full-time (40 hours)
40hrs per week; Monday-Friday
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.