The Control Systems Lead's role is to lead, supervise, and mentor a team of control system specialists, technologists, and system engineers to maintain and deliver improvements in process control networks, distributed control systems, and other supporting systems.
- Deliver Control Systems' plan for control systems, process control networks, process control hardware, and process control applications.
- Set day-to-day and long-range priorities for the Control Systems Team to maintain availability of the control systems and applications and deliver the Refinery Plan.
- Represent the Control Systems Team as the first point of contact for systems support and projects and delegate responsibilities to team as appropriate.
- Support the group's customer service effort by maintaining regular contact with Asset Team & TAG Managers and Team Leads.
- Advocate and exemplify Refinery, Tech Assurance, and CSA initiatives, values, and behaviors within process control group.
- Provide tactical support of control systems. Contribute individually in ways that lead by example in personal development, business optimization, troubleshooting, and innovation.
- Create an inclusive team environment showing concern for success and well-being.
- Ensure Team meets HSE expectations of attendance to monthly safety meetings, timely completion of IMPACT action items, GoalZERO training and participation, and quality and timely MOCs.
- Team development strategy is maintained and well-executed. Clear progress made in building competencies and team is empowered.
- Control Systems strategy is aligned with CSA and overall HRO operating strategy through strong partnership with the APC and PCS Team Leads.
- Champion for the CSA Team and an automation culture.
- This position requires a Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience with 5 years or more of relevant work experience in process control networks and process control server applications.
- Requires highly specific and well-developed knowledge of process control systems, distributed control system interfaces, demilitarized zone network, and process control networks.
- Must have excellent leadership, ethics, teamwork, communication, problem solving, analytical skills, and project management skills with a results oriented commitment.
- The ability to manage multiple and changing priorities is essential.
- Prior experience with PlantState Suite Software, Integrity Software, IP.21 Plant Historian, AspenTech DMC Software, or IIOT is highly desired.
- Commitment to HSE
- Ability to identify and leverage employees' strengths and development opportunities
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com ) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited r?sum?s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.