Direct Support Professional- Burlington 11.34 (Westwood)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Merakey is seeking a Direct Support Professional to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Burlington,NJ.
Qualified entry level candidates are eligible for up to $13.34/hour if the Enhanced Pay Program is selected.
Are you looking for a position where you can utilize your skills and passion for supporting people? Do you believe that we are better together by including everyone? Are you searching for a rewarding career in the service of others? The Direct Support Professional role isn't for everyone- but it IS for those who enjoy a challenge working with individuals with disabilities and the reward that comes with it. Being in this role requires both attention to detail and creativity as you are serving as both a life coach and a personal support to our individuals. If this sounds like something that you would enjoy -- then join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* The direct support professional position requires a motivated person to provide the highest quality of care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Job duties may include:
* Providing companionship and advocating on behalf of the individuals you support when interfacing with additional members of the team to include; doctors, nurses, therapists, counselors and social workers.
* Assisting in the development of a support plan and treatment plan
* Documenting observations and progress in goal achievement
* Partnering with neighbors and members of the community to enrich the connections and relationships in the lives of the individuals you support.
* Fostering an environment in the home that ensures that people feel safe and cared for.
* Supporting the individuals in tasks both in the home and in the community to include assisting with medication, food preparation and feeding, aiding with hygiene and grooming tasks, and providing transportation to appointments and activities.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
NEW!! -- we have the compensation and benefits package that will meet your individual needs!! You choose between 'Enhanced Pay' or 'Enhanced Benefits'
Depending on your needs and/or the needs of your family, you choose between higher pay (and a full range of base benefits) or unbelievable benefits (and competitive pay). You will be free to choose from:
* Enhanced Pay -- Competitive wage + an additional $2.00 per hour for all hours worked. Option to select a base high deductible medical plan + dental and vision coverage. Retirement plan also available along with a full range of company paid benefits.
* Enhanced Benefits -- Competitive wage + an option to select from 4 comprehensive medical plans for you and your family where at least 70% of the premiums are paid by Merakey. Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan also available along with a full range of additional company paid benefits.
In addition -- we offer the following benefits:
* Work/Life Balance
* Competitive Compensation Plans
* Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
* Life Insurance
* 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
* Marketplace Savings Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Programs
* 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
* Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.
* Adult Training Facility
* Behavior Support Services
* Early Intervention Case Management
* Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
* In-home Support
* Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
* Supports Coordination
* Community Living/Group Homes
* Family/Shared Living
* Intermediate Care Facility
* Respite Care
* Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
* Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Loading some great jobs for you...