Do you love working on high-profile projects that have a big business impact? Do you enjoy keeping rapidly changing projects on track? If you thrive in an environment of creative problem-solving, responding to evolving business requirements, and delivering projects where the executive team is the primary stakeholder, then this is the job for you!
The Microsoft Business Applications Content Experience team is looking for a Content PM who brings a combination of content project management, editing, and content production expertise. This person will play a key role in the creation and delivery of our strategic product roadmap documentation. The project requires collaboration and communication with many subject matter experts and multiple stakeholders. This is a fast-paced project that cannot miss deadlines. The role requires someone who thrives in an environment of change, who can make decisions rapidly, who sees ambiguity as an opportunity to provide clarity, and who is motivated by helping others succeed.
* 6+ years of experience editing software product documentation or other public-facing content
* 6+ year of experience doing hands-on desktop publishing
* Demonstrated experience managing at least 3 projects that involved 50 or more contributors
* At least 1 year of experience using GitHub for content creation
* 3+ years of experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (advanced proficiency)
* 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Office software
* Advanced proficiency in Word
* Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and OneNote
* BA/BS in technical communications, English or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
* Previous Microsoft technical documentation team experience
* Ability to:
* Meet tight deadlines and to ensure that others meet them
* Use your expertise to guide others' work, establish and share standards and policies
* Deeply understand a target audience's needs, tasks, and goals, and translate those needs into executable plans
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Creating, maintaining, and communicating the project schedule (monthly and bi-annual).
* Ensuring that contributors are aware of key dates and are making progress against them.
* Managing projects by working collaboratively across multiple teams and geographical locations
* Documenting all related processes and communicating changes to contributors
* Training new contributors on processes, tools, and guidance
* Ensuring that all content adheres to the content model
* Editing content as needed, with support from vendor editors
* Formatting the content to meet both online and pdf standards, using Microsoft Word, GitHub, and Markdown
* Converting content from Markdown to Word and vice-versa
* Evaluating change requests to the content model, format, and schedules; determining the cost and impact of those requests; making a recommendation to accept or deny the requests
* Providing support to any contributors who need it
* Creating polished pdf files for marketing purposes
* Contributing to a process guide that authors use to successfully create and update content
* Helping develop and deliver training about how to use GitHub for our specific projects
Associated topics: composer, compositor, draft, editor, newsperson, newswriter, proofread, text, web, writer