- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- $70,105.00 -158,550.00/year*
29 Bryant St
The Security Services Department's overall mission is to ensure a safe and secure environment and protect MIT Lincoln Laboratory at all facilities in which staff members perform their mission of research and development. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies.
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) IT IC Level II (Collateral)
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) IT IC Level II will provide information systems security support to several independent MIT Lincoln Laboratory programs. The successful candidate will work independently and as a team member, must be a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable, and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to manage stress in a professional manger. Candidate must be knowledgeable in computer security principles and policies, to include the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), and Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM). Candidate must have strong technical skills and be able to respond to off-hours emergencies. Position requires occasional local and overnight travel.
- Assist in the security configuration and management of collateral classified systems and networks in a variety of traditional and virtual environments including Linux, Unix, Sun, Mac, and Windows
- Assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of System Security Plans (SSP) and associated artifacts such as the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with organization security policies and procedures
- Collect, analyze, and store system audit records
- Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation
- Prepare for and participate in periodic organization compliance assessments
- Ensure account management documentation is complete and updated
- Maintain configuration management documentation (change tracking, maintenance logs, etc.)
- Serve as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB) as needed
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline is preferred, an Associate s degree is required
- Possess a DoD 8570.01-M IAM I baseline certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+), or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- A minimum of 2 years of IT security experience in DoD Industrial Security is preferred
- Technical experience and skills, course work completed towards a degree, or industry IT certifications may be considered in lieu of education and DoD security experience requirements
- Familiarity with the NISPOM, DAAPM, and NIST RMF is required
- Experience and familiarity with multiple operating systems such as Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Windows 7 and 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Mac, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies is preferred
- Technical experience securing networks and systems utilizing DISA STIGs and/or SRGs is highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Ability to obtain and maintain government DoD clearance
Requisition ID:26410 #CJ
For Benefits Information, click
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Associated topics: canine detection, countermeasure, guard, loss control, patrol officer, public safety officer, safety officer, safety report, security, security officer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...