The incumbent manages credit risk analysis, establishes credit limits, negotiates, monitors and controls security, approves over-credit-limit orders, co-ordinates credit activities with the business units, creates and runs analytical analysis of exposure, probably of default, market driven credit events, runs point on credit related system integration, and identifies and drives team actions to meet both Credit and business unit goals. This team lead role will also directly handle credit activities for some of the more complex and/or higher exposure accounts and opportunities in the business.Responsibilities
- Providing leadership to the credit analysis and approval processes for Motiva's business units to appropriately balance and optimize portfolio risk and reward.
- Manages Paragon integration to various internal systems. .
- Establishes strategy, work processes and goals for Motiva's Credit and Enterprise Risk function.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining portfolio analysis and reporting to Leadership .
- Accountable for team performance and compliance with Motiva's Credit policy.
- Tracks performance over a number of KPIs and reports regularly to Motiva's Sr. Risk Manager and Leadership
- Prepares and leads monthly credit review meetings
- Ability to make difficult, well thought through decisions as well as develop creative commercial risk management solutions.
- Senior business leader that will assist with development of departmental goals and action plans for staff to assure business objectives and global credit policies are consistently met.
- Provide regular staff coaching and development with timely completion of performance goal setting and assessments, as well as individual development plans for direct reports.
- Regular customer engagements, including meetings with owners/officers/senior executives as necessary to understand business strategies, financial structuring and performance, as well as to represent the business in negotiating high risk/exposure customer credit facilities and negotiating security to support high-risk credit needs.
- Regularly report on business units a review of portfolio risk and share credit management strategies for handling of high-risk exposures. Prepare analytical recommendations to support and challenge the business in their market growth/consolidation efforts to ensure overall portfolio risk remains balanced.
- Supports the Sr, Risk Manager as necessary and required
While a strong commercial acumen, financial analysis skills, sound risk management and decision making skills are keys to success in this position, the successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities as well as manage the natural friction that occurs in a position charged with balancing risk and return in a large, dynamic customer portfolio. Leads team through a dynamic time with a changing work environment.Basic Qualifications Required:
- BA/MS in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, or related business degree.
- 10+ years related work experience with hands on credit management and/or commercial finance experience in a Downstream business.
- Advanced Excel, Tableau and VB skills desired
- Knowledge of security instruments as used in commercial business applications.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and stakeholder management skills. Must be able to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with ability to make tough decisions. Ability to work decisions to a satisfactory conclusion by implementing action steps to resolve credit issues while maintaining customer relationships.
- Strong financial analysis skills with related demonstrable work experience.
- Strong teamwork, relationship, and leaderships skills with ability to motivate team efforts and lead and influence outside organizational boundaries.
- Capable and comfortable with decision making and being accountable for decisions taken.
- Downstream business experience (particularly in Fuels and Chemicals) highly desirable
- Self-starter with energy and drive.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint skills required. Proficiency in relevant aspects of SAP and Motiva's Credit System (Paragon).
- Candidates aiming for longer term role and growth in Motiva Credit/Finance preferred
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Associated topics: actuarial analyst, actuarial consultant, actuarial director, actuary, associate actuary, cost, director actuary, mathmatics, probability, retirement actuary