- National Basketball Association
212 E 55th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The Basketball Administration Lead will be a vital contributor to the overall WNBA League Operations Department, managing core administration activities and assisting with the execution of key league events.
* Manage administration of Player Contract Management System (PCMS) Review, input and approve player contracts
* Process all team roster changes including player waivers and trades, and distribute daily transactions communication to teams
* Monitor salary cap compliance and free agency process
* Oversee the league's Electronic Medical Records System (EMR) Monitor compliance with the league's health-related requirements (e.g. cardiac screening, concussion protocol)
* Manage player injury database and provide analyses as requested
* Organize annual Team Correspondence binder and maintain team provided information
* Manage player and coach discipline through fine letters while tracking and analyzing the data
* Prepare Basketball Operations materials for Competition Committee and Board of Governors meetings
* Work with Basketball Strategy & Analytics Department to evaluate on-court trends, including player and team performance
* Assist with content and logistics for key WNBA events including WNBA All-Star, preseason games, Playoffs and Finals
* Other duties as assigned by the Head of WNBA League Operations
* 5 years post graduate experience
* Analytic focus and comfortable working with and interpreting data
* Proactive and adaptive, requiring limited direction
* Strong project management experience
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
* Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint Excellent verbal and written skills
* Bachelor's degree required (JD or MBA a plus)
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Associated topics: analyst, editor, host, journalist, media, multimedia, news, on air, sports analyst, vj
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...