- National Basketball Association
Customer Service/Call Center
212 E 55th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world. Named as one of the top 10 most Innovative Companies by FastCompany, the NBA continues to grow rapidly in popularity and scale across the globe - and technology is a key ingredient in supporting our ambitious goals.
The Customer Experience Team is currently looking for experienced Desktop Support Technologist who will deliver an outstanding customer experience, providing onsite support in a very fast-paced, changing environment. You will ensure that our business colleagues are working as efficiently as possible! This requires you to provide excellent customer and technical support, resolving incidents and problems as quickly as possible. Applying workarounds and resolutions to IT Incidents to restore acceptable IT Services to the Business to allow colleagues of NBA to achieve their work goals.
* In-depth knowledge of MS end-user platforms, including but not limited to, Office, Windows OS, MAC OS, etc., current desktop and mobile computing technology.
* Provide incident management for issue identification, diagnosis, troubleshooting, tracking, customer concern and resolution for hardware and software issues relating to Windows and Macintosh laptops, mobile devices and related peripherals. Responsible for fulfilling requests related to new set-ups, software installations, permissions, configurations, etc.
* Daily interaction with Senior NBA Leadership to address technology related request/incidents
* Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required by working collaboratively across all leadership levels
* Experience with video conferencing, AV systems, WebEx and Zoom
* Understanding of the fundamentals of network and server/desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment
* 5+ years of overall end user technology experience in medium or large company environment
* 2-3+ years' experience working directly with senior leaders and executive assistants. Must understand the nuance of engaging senior executives and how to plan for their needs.
* Extensive experience working with Mac, Windows, Active Directory, Slack, MS Office and have a good understanding of networks
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Needs to work effectively with minimal supervision to meet agreed service levels, guidelines, and procedures. Ability to mentor others in the use and support of NBA business systems.
* Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available to work non-standard business hours upon request or as needed.
* Willing and able to travel as necessary for event such as: All Star, Finals, Global Games both domestically and international
* An excellent customer service manner is required together with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is desired.
* JAMF Certified preferred
* ITIL Foundations v3 certification preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Associated topics: assist, assistance, client, deskside, patient, support analyst, technical, technician i, technician iv, technology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...