- National Basketball Association
- $134,440.00 -127,870.00/year*
212 E 55th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
This position will be accountable for the communications strategy for NBA, WNBA, NBA 2K League and G League Marketing initiatives and will serve as the day-to-day contact for marketing partnership activities in addition to supporting partnership relationships for Social Responsibility initiatives and events. This position will also be responsible for pitching and securing media coverage in regional and national news, advertising, business, marketing, lifestyle, entertainment and sports outlets.
* Developing strategic communications plans, media materials and media promotion for NBA, WNBA, NBA 2K League and G League Marketing ad and campaigns including Start of Season, MLK, All-Stars, Black History Month, Playoffs and Finals.
* Developing strategic communications plans, media materials and media promotion for Marketing and Promotional partnerships events and initiatives across all four leagues and USA Basketball.
* Managing partnership activities and media promotion for NBA/WNBA Cares and NBA 2K League and G League Social Responsibility-driven events and initiatives.
* Developing press releases, media advisories, talking points, and fact sheets, and preparing key messages and Q&A materials for Marketing, SR and Global Partnerships executive interviews and public speaking opportunities.
* Developing weekly storylines and managing media promotion of national broadcast games for NBA, WNBA, 2K League and G League including participating in weekly meetings with relevant members of communications, Marketing, Customer Data Strategy and Digital/Social departments.
* Assist with the development of press releases, media advisories, talking points, and fact sheets, and manage various administrative needs including compiling media recap reports, tracking and sending relevant stories, updating media lists, and drafting media notes.
* Strong writing skills and ability to communicate efficiently and clearly when speaking and writing
* Track record of pitching media and landing stories and news items across television, print and online media
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines while communicating details accurately
* Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, and the ability to handle high-pressure situations with poise, professionalism and confidence
* Ability to remain detail-oriented, organized and flexible, and work both independently and as part of a team
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
* Ability to travel as needed (up to 3 weeks for select assignments)
* Demonstrated computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* 3-5 years in public relations/communications field
* Experience working with entertainment and celebrity-focused media outlets, and supporting related events (preferred)
* Bachelor's degree
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...