Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:
The Clinical Care Transition Specialist is an experienced clinician who educates patients, their families and the facility staff about the services and products provided by Option Care. Clinical Care Transition Specialists ensure proper placement of patients within the Home Health Care setting by gathering preadmission information, collaborating with internal (intake) and external (case managers, discharge planners) partners to ensure quality of service and implementation of an effective treatment plan. Clinical Care Transition Specialists are also responsible for proactively building strong relationships with referral sources and partnering with Account Managers to grow referral rates and achieve service goals.
- Interacts with area service providers on a daily basis to conduct assessment of patients selected by the hospital for care and who could be referred to Option Care.
- Educates patients, their families and the facility staff about the services and products provided by Option Care.
- Proactively maintains and grows relationships with referrals sources. Serves as key point of contact and representative of Option Care to provide education, assistance, and service to referral sources.
- Partners with Account Manager and Regional Sales Director to create and execute area business and growth plan.
- Communicates frequently with Account Manager to discuss opportunities, assess progress, and provide feedback related to promoting the services of Option Care.
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing and completing preadmission information and securing related signoff.
- Effectively communicates with agency staff, medical team, patients and family throughout the discharge process to implement an effective treatment plan.
- Partners with Account Manager and marketing staff to deliver educational and promotional programs to patient/caregiver and referral sources.
- Proactively initiates discharge planning with referral sources to ensure seamless patient transitions to home or ATS. Participates with any data collection required for patient tracking process.
- Determines for patients referred to Option Care initial level of care and services ordered, assesses the need for additional services, and assures proper placement of patients within the Home Care setting.
- Reviews the patient s medical record to obtain primary and secondary information insurance payor and communicates this to intake department.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information and observes legal guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Provides oversight and input to the providers regarding the patient and proper assessment and treatment process and transition to home care.
- Serves as a point of contact, coordination, and communication with other providers.
- Makes arrangements for any special medical supplies or appliances to be available.
- Provides continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of the treatment through ongoing assessment of the patient resulting in modification of the treatment plan as necessary.
- Conduct patient hook-ups at time of discharge.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Licensed Nurse (RN) in the state of practice and at least 2 years of experience in the Home Care setting.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience applying knowledge of standard practices for all services offered as well as current relevant and applicable standards (i.e. Joint Commission Standards, ACHC standards).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards of services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic PC skills: Able to competently use internet, email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve and improve processes.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to travel to care facilities, home visits and multiple hospitals. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver s license and proof of insurance would be required.
- Able to plan, organize and make presentations
Travels to and from partnerships facilities, community hospitals, and medical practice offices to process referrals and provide live education and training support to patient/caregiver and referral sources.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
Experience growing service provider partnerships
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, psychatric, tcu