Sales Support Representatives support the Sr. Sales Account Executives by: creating and tracking all freight, setting appointments and assisting major customers. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment using your customer service, organizational and computer skills to help others - this role could be for you! This is a first shift position in our downtown Chicago office, Monday-Friday, typically 7am-4pm with extra hours as needed.
See our fun office video to learn more at: www.schneiderjobs.com/STM
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering
- Create, make appointments, track and trace and verify all loads for accounts defined
- Work with the billing dept. to gather weekly/monthly status of outstanding debt for existing customers
- Work with Brokerage to find capacity for new & existing freight
- Communicate with carriers on status of loads tendered by Schneider Logistics
- Troubleshoot all load issues for customer until completion
- Complete all daily reports which include verifying loads, service exceptions, pre-notes
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Competitive wage
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Flex Time
- 401(k) with Company Match
- High Energy, Fun, Team Atmosphere in a casual work environment
- Professional, on- going Training
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- We are a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience is required
- 1-3 years work experience preferred - within transportation industry a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work multiple priorities and implement in a timely manner
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate and influence for positive outcomes
- Possess high level of initiative with effective problem resolution skills
- Self managed and able to perform job requirements with minimal amount of supervision
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider s solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions since 1935. The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: club, dealer, inbound, inside sales representative, insurance agent, life insurance, sales, sales representative, telephone, telesales