Lead QA Tester
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Game Development/Publishing, Game QA/Localization: Game Development/Publishing, Game QA/Localization
Requisition #: 171952BR
Industry: Games Development & Publishing
WB Business Unit: WB Games Boston
Position Type: Full Time
Company Overview: Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview: WB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Posting Job Description: WB Games Boston is looking for a QA Lead for their QA team. The QA Lead is responsible for leading the QA Live Ops team and will ensure that all content releases adhere to the studio s high-quality standards.
As a leader in the QA organization, the QA Lead will be working closely with the development team and drive testing initiatives for live game content.
Candidates should possess excellent communication and task management skills, have an in-depth understanding of mobile game development cycles, is passionate about games and is highly motivated in order to serve as a key member of a results-driven team.What part will you play?
What do we require from you?
- Lead a talented team that provides test support for our released title.
- Work with QA leadership team to develop effective testing strategies.
- Create a comprehensive and detailed test plan for all client and content deliverables.
- Provide studio stakeholders detailed test reports as well as progress update emails.
- Log, prioritize and track defects and accurately communicate them to the development team.
- Collaborate with various disciplines in the studio to identify potential risks before release.
- Mentor and train the junior QA staff.
- Distribute daily testing tasks to our external QA team.
- 2+ years of QA Lead experience.
- 5+ years of Games/Software mobile testing experience (iOS/Android).
- Familiarity with software development, continuous live product support and testing.
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- A driven self-starter capable of working autonomously or as part of the team.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership qualities to the entire studio.
- Experience in test automation and tools.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various software testing tools (Jira, TestRail).
- Passionate about mobile games of multiple genres.
- Knowledge of Warner Bros. IPs, including characters, environments, and lore.
: The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Associated topics: process, prevent, prevention, quality, quality assurance engineer, quality assurance lead, software quality assurance, software quality assurance engineer, test, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...