Environmental Permitting Specialist
Compensation: $88,740.00 - $133,210.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Environmental Permitting Specialists to support our offices and projects along the eastern seaboard. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of professionals working on fast-paced projects in the energy sector. Candidates should be located in New England or in the Raleigh, North Carolina area.
What you will accomplish
* Support permitting leads and senior project managers in the planning, scheduling, and completion of tasks necessary to obtain environmental clearances for energy projects
* Prepare, review, and comment on internal and external project deliverables
* Assist in monitoring and maintaining project schedules and budgets; identify creative or alternative paths for resolution of environmental issues or mitigation constraints
* Interact with internal and external clients as well as local, state, and federal agency staff
* Identify and communicate key permitting issues, milestones, challenges, and resolutions that precede, flow from, or intersect with other project development tasks and milestones
* Assist permitting lead in developing complex permitting strategies and public outreach efforts
* Coordinate field studies as needed
* Provide summary progress reports to permitting lead
* Some travel required
Experience and qualifications for success
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in natural resources management, environmental studies, or a related field required
* Understanding of environmental permitting obligations for energy projects in the eastern and central United States
* Understanding of relevant environmental laws including Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and laws protecting cultural resources, among others
* Experience with oil and gas permitting preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a highly professional demeanor
* Reliable, autonomous, and proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment coordinating numerous projects at one time
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email ...@swca.com or call 800-###-####. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, air, air monitoring, bioassay, ecology, ecological, environment, sustainability, water
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...