CWR Graphics Reporter
Compensation: $74,390.00 - $143,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a Graphics Reporter to join its award-winning visuals team on a contract basis, ideally based in New York. The Graphics Reporter will work closely with other reporters, editors and visual journalists to create news graphics and data visualizations for our print and digital platforms. The Graphics Reporter will focus on graphics and interactives about U.S. news and also have opportunities to work on stories and explainers in areas such as business, technology and World news coverage.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and other visual journalists to generate new ideas.
- Create concepts for new approaches to visual storytelling.
- Create graphics and interactives for print and digital platforms.
- Create graphics and interactives for both breaking news and longer-term projects.
- Research and report original visual stories.
- Contribute to editing other visual stories that are created in the department.
- Prior experience in a newsroom, with excellent news, data and design judgment.
- A creative vision and willingness to share and collaborate on new ideas.
- Strong visual journalism skills with at least one or two specialties that might include design, coding, 3D, animation or data visualization.
- Experience with business news and charting.
- A good understanding and appreciation of business news/specialized topic area.
- An interest in data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python.
- Good knowledge of responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices.
- Good knowledge of layout, typography, color and interaction design.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Able to help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
PI115634757* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...