Graphics Editor, Features/Future of Everything
Compensation: $76,113.33 - $143,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view 'Find Jobs - Dow Jones.' Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at ...@dowjones.com.
Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an experienced Graphics Editor to join our Future of Everything team. This is a temporary one-year contract position.
Future of Everything is the Wall Street Journal's multimedia franchise looking at the next waves of technology, science, and management and how they are redefining the way we work and play. Our editorial team will publish stories across all of our platforms with a deep focus on visual and experimental storytelling. Platforms include a monthly newspaper section, a dedicated digital edition, a weekly newsletter, and contributions that tie in with high-profile live events.
The Graphics Editor will join an award-winning team of journalists to drive innovative storytelling with graphics, design, interactives, and multimedia across our platforms, based in New York.Responsibilities:
- Create ambitious and bold information graphics for print and digital formats.
- Experiment with storytelling formats for a range of different topics.
- Schedule and run regular visual meetings to shape ideas into visual opportunities.
- Review visual pitches and using judgment and expertise decide which should become visual assignments.
- Pitch and create original visual stories.
- Work collaboratively on projects with editors, reporters, art directors, photo editors and other visual journalists.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a newsroom, ideally 3-6 years.
- Strong visual journalism skills with at least one or two specialties that might include design, coding, 3D, animation or data visualization.
- Expertise visualizing conceptual stories and a deep interest in technology.
- A creative vision and willing to share and collaborate on new ideas.
- Good knowledge of data visualization techniques.
- Good knowledge of Adobe tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel and SQL.
- Able to schedule and run effective meetings in person or remotely.
- Able to prioritize best opportunities for visual stories using judgment based on newsroom and departmental strategy and resources.
- Good knowledge of responsive design and best practices for building stories for mobile devices.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Able to train reporters and editors to learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
PI115577440* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...