Loading some great jobs for you...
POSITION: Loader Operator
SUMMARY: This position involves the loader and yard operations. Ancillary duties will include paperwork and general maintenance related to the loader, managing materials inventory, yard cleanup and plant maintenance.
Include, but not limited to:
1) Charging plant with raw materials with wheel loader pursuant to plant output expectations.
2) Management of materials inventory at acceptable levels.
3) Performs general maintenance at batch plant such as shoveling, greasing and other mechanical duties.
4) Involvement in company Safety Program with respect to mixer safety, lockout/tagout, and right to know information with regard to loader.
5) Perform paperwork with respect to the loader.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : N/A
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1) Must be able to take orders, instructions and guidance from supervisors and management.
2) Ability to apply knowledge of mechanical functioning of various components on the equipment and make necessary repairs related to the equipment as they occur.
3) Must be able to understand service and repair manuals relating to equipment and/or parts.
Must read, write and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job may require hours in excess of ten hours per day on a regular basis.
This would be considered moderately strenuous work. There are various postures, movements, lifting, carrying and push/pull requirements that are listed as below.
a) The loader operator/ must be able to lift desired weights at the frequency designated. For example, this position would need to lift metal chutes relatively frequently at a weight of fifty-seven pounds. There is lifting of loader parts that require the lifting of 50 pounds and the use of over one hundred pounds of force occasionally (five times per day), and the lifting of fifty pounds, the use of between fifty and one hundred pounds of force frequently (up to fifty times per day) and the lifting and the use of force with up to twenty-five pounds regularly.
b) The push/pull demands of the loader operator consists of using handles to pull oneself up and into a loader, and will vary based upon weight and technique. The loader operator/customer service employee must push/pull the door to a loader to open and close. The loader operator/customer service employee must use push/pull to climb on, around and up the ladder of the loader and batch plant.
c) There are position requirements of the loader operator that will happen frequently. There is neck flexation often while working and observing loader operations. There is frequent kneeling and stooping while working on the loader and around the batch plant. There is frequent bending while working on equipment and performing retail store duties. Trunk bending is a frequent positional requirement when performing retail store duties and batch plant maintenance operations. There is continuous reaching out with both arms while performing maintenance functions, as well as loader operations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) The loader operator/ will work outdoors approximately 75 percent of the time, the balance of the time will be indoors. This, however, does not mean that occasionally the loader operator/customer service employee will be exposed to extreme conditions such as extreme cold, ice, snow conditions, heat, humidity, and other weather related conditions.
2) The loader operator will be subject to serve exposure of carbon monoxide and other chemicals emitted from truck and loader exhaust, diesel fuel, cement and chemical admixtures
3) The loader operator will be exposed to slippery surfaces around the ready-mix plant, around trucks, and around the loader.
4) The loader operator will be subject to severe exposure of moving parts around the ready-mix trucks, loader and ancillary equipment. Items such as loader actuators, belts, fans, hydraulic pumps, and rollers fall into this group.
5) The loader operator is subjected to severe noise exposure. Noise from loader, ready-mix truck engines and hydraulic pumps fall into this group.
6) The loader operator is responsible for utilizing personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, work boots, and gloves.
7) The loader operator is subject to a moderate level of elevation when climbing in and out of loader, ready-mix trucks and when climbing the ladder of a ready-mix truck and climbing ladders and cat walks around the ready-mix plants.
U.S. Concrete, Inc.(NASDAQ: USCR) is a leading supplier of concrete and aggregates for large-scale commercial, residential and infrastructure projects across the country. The Company holds leading market positions in the high-growth metropolitan markets ofNew York,Philadelphia, San Francisco,Dallas/FortWorthandWashington, D.C., and its materials have been used in some of the most complex and highly specialized construction projects of the last decade. U.S. Concretehas continued to grow organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions of independent producers in our target markets.
U.S. Concrete, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...