Senior Manager, Global Payroll Operations Governance
United Technologies Corporation
: $136,120.00 - $136,120.00 /year *
: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
United States of America
OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Here's your opportunity to join Otis, with its more than 160-year legacy of providing the world's most reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. We're on the brink of becoming a standalone, publicly traded company and are looking for a Global Payroll Operations Governance Manager, based in Farmington, Connecticut, to join our Global Payroll Operations family, with responsibility for payroll governance oversight across the company, including partnering with payroll providers to provide strategic direction on payroll business issues.
* Essential Responsibilities * Manages individual contributors within the functional area * Leads a team of Payroll Analysts for shared business operations * Acts as the point of escalation for business unit Human Resource Leadership * Manages the issue resolution process with key stakeholders * Participates as the subject-matter expert on strategic payroll and benefit initiatives, as well as key projects * Leads Payroll business projects, including requirements development, cost-benefit analysis, recommendation development, and recommendation presentation and implementation * Drives change through fostering a quality improvement philosophy and related initiatives throughout the organization * Supports the Global Center of Excellence model, including development of best practices, standardization and implementation * Accountable for budget, staffing, and business and operational results * Job responsibilities are subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization
* Education/Certifications * A bachelor's degree in Accounting, business or a related discipline is required * Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is preferred
* Basic Qualifications * A minimum of five years of payroll experience * ADP experience * Project management experience * Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills * A self-starter who also has the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment * A demonstrated capability to work across functions and organizations * Strong organization skills * A high attention to details, as well as proven analytical skills * A strong leader and team builder and player with staff development experience * A demonstrated ability to motivate and manage staff * Some travel is required (20 percent)
* Preferred Qualifications * Vendor management experience is a plus * System design and/or system analysis experience is a plus
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2? elevators, energy-saving ReGen? drives and NCE \"green\" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.