About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Conducts research and updates biographical information on individuals and organizations on the Advance database, using a variety of data sources, thereby ensuring the integrity of biographical information in support of Advancement/Development efforts. Also performs a number of gifts processing functions ensuring strict confidentiality. Serves as an information resource to those within and outside Advancement/Development who have questions regarding alumni/donor records and gifts processing.
* Process gifts received in the form of cash/checks and credit cards including: mail opening, ensuring checks have required information, totaling and managing the daily mail log, conducting extensive research to interpret data with fits and pledge materials including checks and credit cards, record and enter new pledge information in accordance to the donor's request and enter gifts correctly in Advance database. Receive and process gifts from Athletics which include stamping and inspecting checks, conducting research to determine where to allocate the donor's gift, recording and entering new pledge information, updating and recording new biographical changes that the donor provides and creating new entities for individuals or organizations if necessary.
* Process gifts that we receive via online (iModules) and ScaleFunder. This includes: generating credit card reports from Advance database which give us information regarding recurring and iModule pledges, generating reports from Cybersource where we receive the funds, generating the online data spreadsheet where gifts are submitted and making sure they correctly reflect what is shown in the Cybersource Report, making necessary updates to donor records in accordance to what they provided on their gift transmittal, entering transactions into the Advance database, creating and modifying subscriptions in Cyberource which corresponds to the information that is provided by the donor. This task includes: accurately and securely recording donor's sensitive information and also credit card information.
* Performs modifications and reversals of gifts, pledge payments and pledges while keeping with proper internal procedures.
* Manages and monitors the gift receipt email account which includes: completing gift receipt requests, answering and responding to donor questions/comments, making necessary modifications if donor needs a change in receipt and emailing gift receipts daily to our online donors.
* Routinely produces gift receipts and pledge reminders which includes: utilizing mail merge for printing and sending receipts/pledge reminders, completing requests for new receipts or pledge reminders.
* Collects data and prints monthly annual giving pledge statements for unassigned prospects each month in a timely manner which includes: generating the Annual Giving Pledge Statement report, reviewing donor information and utilizing the pledge statement merge document for printing and mailing statements before the end of the month.
* Serves as backup coverage to the biographical team which includes: processing and maintaining biographical data for donor gifts, pledge payments, modifying donor solicitation requests, performing return mail research, deceasing donors and creating new entities for companies and individuals. Tests new procedures and implementations for database which includes: running reports and scrutinizing data to ensure quality and accuracy before the procedure is finalized in our active database.
* Performs general customer service which includes: answering the main Records and Gift Processing line, serving as an information source to students, alumni, faculty/staff and donors regarding donor records and gift processing, assisting in supervising student staff in research and gift projects and other daily work. Also performs general office duties which include scanning and copying documents as needed.
Perform other general duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3 or more years of office experience.
* Data entry experience.
Other Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality, creativity and resourcefulness in researching sensitive biographical information.
* Ability to think independently and make conscious decisions based on research and insight of information in an efficient and confident manner.
* Ability to take initiative, be persistent, and work independently.
* Ability to handle money securely.
* Ability to interpret information and exercise sound judgment.
* Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, other departments, and University colleagues.
* Strong organizational skills, including effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, particularly the ability to deal effectively with administrators, fund-raising staff, donors, faculty and staff.
* Ability to write new procedures and protocols and to continually fine-tune the biographical processes for the office.
* Ability to pay strict attention to detail.
* Working knowledge of Windows and Excel.
* Ability to type quickly and accurately on a computer.
* Ability to use a calculator or office adding machine.
* Typing, filing, record-keeping and general office skills.
* Ability to train new staff, both full-time staff members and student staff.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment activity
Reports directly to the Clerk V Office Manager
Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (37.5 hours per week)
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Aug 1 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 16 2019 Eastern Daylight Time* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...