Diversity Recruiting Consultant
Compensation: $74,940.00 - $115,010.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Diversity Recruiting Consultant is charged with creating innovative campus and community wide programs to help the University of Massachusetts Amherst (\"UMass Amherst\") accelerate its diversity hiring practices. This position uses a project management mindset and creative entrepreneurial spirit to build diversity recruiting programs, and is the subject matter expert on how to best source and build pipelines of talent from underrepresented employee groups. This is a highly visible position for the campus and liaises with all levels of the organization.
* Create and institute diversity programs centered around attracting the best talent from all backgrounds to increase diversity in the workforce, connecting skillsets and ambition with opportunities.
* Forge relationships with diversity programming stakeholders and leadership across the university to maximize partnership opportunities and institutional support for new initiatives related to maximizing diversity hiring opportunities and expanding talent pipelines.
* Research and attend diversity-oriented recruiting events with a focus on promoting UMass Amherst opportunities, and connecting with job seekers from under represented employee groups to create leads of exceptional talent for a variety of roles.
* Develop video trainings and other material to educate and inform hiring departments on how to integrate compliant diversity hiring strategies into each search processes.
* Keep abreast of latest recruiting strategies and serve as a subject matter expert to other HR colleagues for sourcing and market advice.
* Lend support on recruitment efforts for key searches requiring specialized sourcing and high-touch candidate experiences.
* Lead efforts to develop HR internship program for undergraduate students, working with the Talent Acquisition team and other colleagues to design a rotational program for students interested in a career in human resources.
* Maintain relationships with key networking contacts via LinkedIn and other sourcing channels to enhance diversity recruiting efforts.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Bachelor's degree and four or more years of full cycle recruiting experience.
* Diversity programming experience.
* Executive presence and excellent overall business acumen.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be a professional, proactive, collaborative, and adaptable team player with a positive attitude.
* Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of individuals and departments to assist in a wide range of talent acquisition matters.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and applicant tracking systems.
* Excellent time management, follow-through and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
* Project management experience.
* Ability to travel for networking events (est. 10% of time).
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Experience attending career fairs and national conferences.
* Higher education or public sector experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment activity.
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -5:00 pm.
Exempt Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for the position please submit your application, resume, and cover letter by September 4, 2019 to ensure priority consideration. The position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Aug 21 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Associated topics: consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer, sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent acquisition
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...