About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Receive, store, and distribute athletic clothing, equipment, and supplies; maintain inventories and related records of contents in the department equipment rooms; performs related work as required to ensure the health, safety and well-being of student-athletes.
* Issue clothing, equipment and supplies to student-athletes and staff.
* Clean and service lockers and locker rooms.
* Prepare and maintain inventory records.
* Organize uniforms for home and away contests. Pack clothing and equipment for athletic teams for travel to away contests. Ensure that clothing and equipment meet Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
* Receive and distribute packages and goods to athletic staff; prepare packages for shipment.
* Operate motor vehicle to travel to vendors to drop off and pick up apparel, materials and equipment.
* Record all unreturned clothing and equipment. Submit applicable balance due reports to Athletic Business Office for unreturned items from student-athletes. Field calls from parents and student-athletes regarding bills. Develop billing solutions as needed.
* Maintain a clean and organized equipment room and ensure proper storage of athletic clothing, equipment and supplies.
* Foster, build and maintain relationships with coaches, staff, student-athletes, and vendors to ensure equipment needs are met.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Knowledge of store keeping methods and practices.
* Ability to make simple arithmetical computations.
* Ability to maintain inventories and keep simple records.
* Knowledge of issuing, fitting, cleaning and maintaining athletic equipment.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
* Physical ability to handle bulky or heavy stock items, equipment, and supplies.
* Ability to deal tactfully with others.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Valid MA Class D driver's license required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Ability to lift 30 lbs; carrying; pulling/pushing; repetitive movement; standing; bending; driving; reaching; sitting; lifting.
Immediate availability for this temporary 10 month position.
Variable depending on the demands of the position (40 hours per week)
$12.00 per hour (for 10 months; up to $22,000.00 total )
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit resume and statement of interest along with the names and contact information for 3 references by the priority deadline of September 3, 2019 to ensure priority consideration. Position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Aug 20 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Associated topics: engineer, facilities, facility operations, groundskeeper, hvac, mechanic, operation, scoreboard, stadium, turf
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...