Inclusive Excellence Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Provide oversight for special and cross-campus initiatives and documents, researches and coordinates activities related to the daily operations of the UMass Inclusive Excellence Program funded by a grant award from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) through August 2023.
* Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Inclusive Excellence Program and act as a first responder to items of urgency and managing workflow to ensure the execution of grant activities and how they relate to University strategic initiatives.
* Manage the award budget and expense reporting, including purchase order payments, reimbursements, and stipends.
* Research, analyze, and make recommendations on issues, policies, and proposals to ensure they are in keeping with the HHMI Inclusive Excellence institutional transformation best practices. Track ongoing activities and prepare annual reports summarizing grant accomplishments (programmatic, policy, and research) and reflection on the processes.
* Provide the Inclusive Excellence leadership team(s) with strategic support and project management to move initiatives forward by information gathering, communicate with cross-campus parties, develop and monitor plans, and provide appropriately synthesized information and reports.
* Oversee, develop, and direct the management of events related to executing the goals of the Inclusive Excellence program and ensure all student and faculty needs are met with a high degree of professionalism and that logistical travel arrangements are effectively coordinated.
* Inform and coordinate the creation and dissemination of resources to support the Inclusive Excellence program aims. Curate content and work with partners as needed to ensure timely updates to the Inclusive Excellence website, which will host the online database and resources.
* Serve as the Inclusive Excellence Program liaison to faculty, staff and students in the College of Natural Sciences.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Bachelor's degree and one year in administrative experience.
* Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively relate with diverse constituencies. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently with little guidance. Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities with the ability to work under pressure.
* Familiarity with diversity issues.
* Proficient in desktop office software, Microsoft Office preferred.
* Ability to maintain confidential matters with discretion.
* Ability and willingness to works some evenings/weekends, as needed.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment.
M-F 8:30am-5:00pm, occasional nights and weekends as needed.
PSU Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references. Apply by September 22, 2019 in order to ensure priority consideration. Search may remain open until a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
As part of a commitment to their own multicultural community, CNS seeks an individual with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace university initiatives and aspirations. (
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Sep 5 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...