What you'll be doing...
Join our Application Security Team where you will be a member of the Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) team and serve as an expert in identifying exploitable vulnerabilities in applications before hackers are able to discover and exploit them.
You will implement Application Security Testing tools, software and methodologies. You will also partner with various cross functional team members to formulate strategies and priorities related to RASP.
* Analyzing and implementing RASP policies and configurations specifically related to enterprise implementation and evaluating compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
* Making recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to be implemented beyond RASP mitigation.
* Keeping up-to-date on the latest testing and ethical hacking methods.
* Recommending fixes for existing products to bring the application into compliance.
* Recommending new requirements for applications to ensure compliance to NIST CSF.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Java, .NET or both.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Information security experience.
* Experience conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
* Knowledge of the SDLC, continuous build systems and other software engineering methodologies/systems.
* Knowledge of LDAP, AD and other system admin functionality.
* Knowledge of application security and application security vulnerabilities.
* Experiencein using Jira or similar ticketing systems.
* Knowledge of security architecture concepts and enterprise architecture reference models.
* Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities and secure configuration management techniques, software debugging principles, software design tools, methods and techniques, and software development models (e.g., Waterfall Model, Spiral Model).
* Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., modularization, layering, abstraction, data hiding, simplicity/minimization).
* Knowledge of critical infrastructure systems with information technology that were designed without system security considerations.
* Knowledge of secure software deployment methodologies, tools, and practices.
* Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.