Software Test Engineer II (Dorchester)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Software Test Engineer II
with a background in chemistry and experience manually testing chemistry applications to join our organization. In this role, the individual will join a dynamic and collaborative environment and work with other software development groups to deliver solutions to our customers. Specifically, the individual will join our Informatics team and contribute to our industry leading scientific data system used by the world's leading bio-pharmaceutical companies.
We are looking for a software test engineer with a passion for delivering quality products. You will work as part of an Agile team and engage in manual testing, test design and test strategy technical discussions, participate in automation designs, demonstrate problem-solving abilities and be willing to present and share ideas through global collaboration Responsibilities
- Design, develop and execute test plans to demonstrate traceability of design and implementation through objective evidence
- Assess test quality, coverage and traceability artifacts by collecting key metrics
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments for Informatics applications
- Write and implement SpecFlow Feature Files
- Execute performance tests and establish benchmarks against results
- Participate in test strategy reviews, providing constructive feedback regarding best practices, coverage and maintainability
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 1-2 years chemistry application testing experience
- Experience delivering end-to-end software quality
- Experience writing test plans, test automation or test cases.
- Demonstrated ability to write detail-oriented defect reports
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, and Bamboo
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Waters Empower experience desired
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: performance test, process, qa, quality, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance engineer, software quality assurance, software quality engineer, test engineer, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...